Everytime I Start Feeling Better...

Discussion in 'Support' started by Lilpeep, May 26, 2018.

1. Lilpeep
      Surrender

Lilpeep Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Every time I start feeling comfortable with the situation I experience a setback. Especially with my tinnitus. It's really messing with my mind at the moment. Do you guys experience the same thing? It can not be a steady pace..

• Hug Hug x 3
      • Agree Agree x 1
    2. dayma
      Pacman

dayma Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1/6/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      UNKNOWN
      • Agree Agree x 1
    3. JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      Yeah, I think that is normal for people who are bothered with tinnitus at first. Sometimes supplements can help with moods. Years ago I took 4 softgels of flaxseed oil for quite a few months which seemed to really help with my mood and energy. On maybe one or two occassions I needed to take something to "calm" me down during that time. Perhaps magnesium glycinate might help with that. People say that fish oil is very good for mood and should be superior to flaxseed oil but for some reason I haven't been able to take much of it without getting a bad side effect. I am wondering if I am allergic to it.

If you take supplements make sure you aren't allergic to them, don't take more than you need, and take a safe amount. More is not always better. :)

4. MartinH
      Angry

MartinH Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who Knows?
      That's exactly me too. It keeps changing. I'm on my second month. I've had a couple descent days and a few silent moments, but it always comes back. I still count myself lucky, I know it could be much, much worse. We're both pretty new so hopefully this will mellow out over time, or even disappear. I don't look forward to sleep anymore, and I find it difficult to read. My plan is to just get in the best shape I can and get off diabetes meds and hope that this will fade enough to be something I can live with a little easier.

5. Danikam
      Happy

Danikam Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/1/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Pregnancy/unknown
      Hi Lilpeep
      Setbacks are normal!!
      I'm now completely habituated but in the beginning I was a mess!!!

I posted my success story but it was hell the first 5/6 months or so!!

Getting better for me came slowly, at first even having a moment when I felt normal or ok was rare but the moments became days, days weeks, and weeks months....I had setbacks through it all.

2 steps forward, on step back!!

But setbacks only happen when we are making progress....you can't have a setback without moving forward!! ❤️❤️❤️

It takes time to get better Friend but you will get there!!

Hugs to you!!!

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    6. Alex Prime
      Anime

Alex Prime Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      This is me today... yesterday it was decreasing and almost inaudible during the day and almost pleasant in the evening... woke up in the morning with screaming ear and was sad for the whole day. In the evening I went to a local Book Fair, which made me feel slightly better.

• Hug Hug x 1
    7. Helheim
      Angry

Helheim Member Podcast Patron

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Infection
      Yup, it's pretty annoying. It's part of tinnitus I guess.

• Agree Agree x 1
    8. OnceUponaTime
      Wishful

OnceUponaTime Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Same...a roller coaster.
      One day you are up, the next you are down.
      Hold on tight.
      I hope you are having better days.

• Agree Agree x 1
    9. Astro
      Alone

Astro Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      It's been 3 and 1/2 years and I'm just now getting used to it and steadying out. Trust the process. Also love your name. That's my brudda

10. Vicki14
      Panicky

Vicki14 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress
      Absolutely!!!! I find it VERY frustrating!!! :( it’s like 1 step forward and 10 back. Feels like our patience is being challenged BIG TIME :(

• Hug Hug x 1
    11. Rkelly24

Rkelly24 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Hello : ) First, I want to let you know that everything will be OK. I have had Tinnitus for about 10 years now. When it first started I was very anxious about it. I could not sleep or concentrate - it was all consuming. I tried everything to make the noise go away including taking all kinds of pills - ultimately none of that worked and I ended up wasting many weeks waiting for the "medication" to work. I ended up finding an audiologist who recommended Neuromonics which I tried as a last resort. And it worked!! Not by making the noise go away but by training my brain to essentially ignore the sound. It took a little time but ultimately relief was at hand. And the good news for you is that today it is far easier to find Neuromonics-type solutions including a number of downloadable apps...Just keep in mind that those won't be as customized for your specific Tinnitus sound. I know what you are going through so please give this a try. Also, be careful with your ears. I have spikes in ringing volume from time to time caused by allergies, loud noises and stress (which I actually have now, lol). If you have this just know that it will settle back down in time. We would all love a cure but in the meantime you can live a perfectly happy life even with the ringing. I promise! Hang in there. It will get better!

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    12. blissaliss
      Swamped

blissaliss Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ototoxic drugs/ maximum stressful job
      I think I'm on the same ups and downs as you're dealing with. I can listen to the noise now and blank out, I care and would like it not to be, but I'm ok! I've never heard of Neuromonics. What's a reliable app source? I'll try something new that could help calm the storm even more I'm in a fierce allergy season and I just can't trust meds to too much extent, they are a win loose thanks to tinnitus.