Exercise and Mr.T

Discussion in 'Support' started by MattL, Nov 28, 2014.

1. MattL
      Jaded

MattL Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's
      Things like lifting weights, doing yoga or pilates...is it bad for tinnitus?

I did like doing inverted yoga poses but now since my t started to become worse (over the last 6 weeks), as well as increased dizziness and vertigo attacks, i have been too worried to do them in case they worsen things. I'm thinking that the pressure would be very bad.

Does anybody have any advice? Could these poses actually be of benefit? The last thing i want to do is increase the volume on my t.

Thanks

2. Asian

Asian Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4 weeks
      I started with light weights today after 8 months since T started.. Its way louder after the exercise .. Any guesses why this happens?/

3. Teresa1958
      Wishful

Teresa1958 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/06/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      stress/uncertain
      It seems like after doing brisk walking and shoveling my driveway 3 times a day after these storms, I have noticed my T to be louder. Maybe its the stress of winter thatsd making it worse. The worse part is that there is 5 months of snow left.

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. erik
      Cool

erik Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/2012 or earlier?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely hearing loss
      It is most likely louder because exercise increases your blood pressure for a short time. Mine gets loud every time I workout or play sports but I don't care. It goes back down after some time.

• Agree Agree x 2
    5. Mark McDill
      Curious

Mark McDill Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Likely stress, anxiety, an antibiotic and nsaids

MattL
      My T goes up when I lift weights; then settles back down. On the whole, I would generalize that just about any exercise is good for just about any ailment (within common sense and safety boundaries of course); however, I've found that aerobic exercise is the best all around for T (lowers blood pressure, increases energy, you sleep better, gets all fluids moving, good way to clear the mind).
      Mark

• Like Like x 3
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      MattL
      Jaded

MattL Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's

Cheers Mark

Thanks for the advice. I guess i'll continue to do my thing and see what happens

7. I who love music
      Cheerful

I who love music Member

Tinnitus Since:
      mid seventies
      I returned to a good program of cardio 3x a week and weights 3x a week. Sometimes the T gets a little louder especially during cardio or weights when my pulse goes up. But overall the T over time has decreased, I believe, in part because of the exercises plus a new T decreasing technique I learned here. It HAS to decrease it, when the body is in a healthier state. That's my opinion, and experience. Good luck!!

• Like Like x 1
    8. Telis

Telis Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      My T seems to rage when I lift..especially doing pull ups. Don't know what to do.

Hate lifting like I'm 70 yrs old

9. dan
      Chatty

dan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      If you lift thru the raging, then it should stop raging eventually, but it might get next level worse and stay there or it might stay the same....no guarantees.

10. Telis

Telis Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      Haha. Yeah this what makes me wonder what the f@@k to do. Sit here and not live or do things.

11. Shaun
      Tolerant

Shaun Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2014
      Getting back into the gym was one of the best things I did after the t onset,i was out for a few months lost loads of weight,confidence felt like crap.
      But now I train at least three times a week I feel better mentally I look better physically and just feel more like myself.
      The thing is not panic if you hear t pick up whilst training,I just make sure I'm breathing right during each exercise,go lighter if necessary and just train.
      The t will go back down,don't give into it.

• Like Like x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    12. Pull ups is really bad T wise for me as well, must be some neck or shoulder tension thing. The only lifting that works for me atm is lighter weights and more reps:nailbiting:. Pretty boring...

• Agree Agree x 1