Experienced Temporary Silence After Firmly Massaging My Neck

Discussion in 'Support' started by Fire2Flowers, Jul 22, 2019.

1. Fire2Flowers
      Balanced

Fire2Flowers Member

Tinnitus Since:
      November 17th, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Generalized Anxiety Disorder
      I thought this was something I should mention, I wonder whether or not this is something that relates to others. Basically, I had some neck pain for a few days and it was just along the back of my neck. It was enough to drive me nuts, so I just grabbed my neck and began to massage it firmly. I was so focused on getting rid of that pain that I wasn't concerned with anything else. But once I stopped, I realized something.

Silence, absolute silence.

I couldn't hear anything for a brief moment, even though I was lying down and releasing the tension in my body (which is usually what makes it louder for me). There was nothing to hear, no matter how hard I focused on it. This went on for a good ten minutes. It's back now, but I had an interesting experience that day and hope this provides some insight for a potential cause with me and others who suffer with the same thing I do.

• Like Like x 1
    2. Sonic17
      Wishful

Sonic17 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ? neck injury/unknown
      @Fire2Flowers
      I appreciate your post; my tinnitus may be from a neck injury, so I find it encouraging to hear you found silence after a neck massage.
      May you find more silence in the future...

• Like Like x 1
    3. JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      That is interesting. Do you know if something like a cold pack (or maybe heating pad for the neck) could help with your tinnitus?

• Winner Winner x 1
    4. Tybs

Tybs Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Fall from stairs
      The OP has not been online for half a year, so she might not respond anymore.

Still, in the case of T by neck injury, any treatment that would be suitable for pain could be able to help T as well. Some doctors compare certain cases of tinnitus to chronic pain and treat it similarly.

• Helpful Helpful x 1