Experiences with Bactrim (TMP/SMX)? Is It Safe for Tinnitus Sufferers?

Discussion in 'Support' started by grime, Aug 20, 2020.

1. grime
      In pain

grime Member

Tinnitus Since:
      October 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      idk, noise? stress? maybe even dormant syphilis returning
      I was hoping to consolidate some experiences with Bactrim here, if anyone is willing to share any experiences, personal or from people you know.

Thank you to whoever participates!

I'm scared out of my mind to take it, but I have a horrible and painful staph infection... more specifically urethritis... Horrifying experience with very little scientific information available regarding prognosis (other than a profoundly not comforting article about recurrent infections in Nigeria) or treatment... urologist is shooting in the dark, Bactrim is known to be good for MRSA, even better than vancomycin sometimes.

2. FGG
      No Mood

FGG Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      I know of one person who said it made theirs worse but they also have chronic Lyme disease and were on a high and prolonged course.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      grime
      In pain

grime Member

Tinnitus Since:
      October 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thank you!!! That sucks horribly for them also, I hope they at least feel better about it!

4. FGG
      No Mood

FGG Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      Well it's just one anecdote of someone I know personally. I'm not sure what the incidence is.

5. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

DebInAustralia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      I'm sorry...

I've had a chronically embedded uti, and have successfully treated it (contain it) with naturopathic herbs.

Look up herbal treatments by Stephen Buhner, who is the go to herbalist in Lyme circles. He has several books available on kindle.

I'll pm you later if you want more info. I have his herbal antibiotic book... so I'll text you some info.

• Informative Informative x 1
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      grime
      In pain

grime Member

Tinnitus Since:
      October 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      That's all I was asking for :)

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      grime
      In pain

grime Member

Tinnitus Since:
      October 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thank you so much! i would love some more info actually! Herbal remedies are underrated. Sometimes they can't replace traditional medicine, but looking towards it can really save your life in some cases. Especially with staphylococcus aureus.

8. HootOwl

HootOwl Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Explanation in About You
      I had MRSA in my finger. It had swelled horribly and needed to be completely drained of pus. They gave me Bactrim and 2 IV infusions of vancomycin and neither worsened my tinnitus.

While I don’t remember the exact dose, I definitely wasn’t on it for more than a week or so.

Just wanted to add that I have yet to have a single resurgence in 6 years after my treatment. As long as you treat every subsequent skin/cut infection with care you should be totally okay. Not sure if this would apply to the urethra tho...

• Helpful Helpful x 1