Favorite iOS/Android/Windows Phone Apps? Plus Post Good Deals Here!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Markku, Mar 29, 2012.

1. Markku

Markku Director Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Just noticed that tap tap tap's Serenity is currently free on App Store.

Serenity - iPhone version
      Serenity - iPad version

I kind of like some of the sounds in the app, and it's a no-brainer now that it is free. Check it out!

I also think this discussion could serve as a place to post your own favorite mobile apps and any good deals on apps that you happen to stumble upon.
      • Like Like x 1
    2. DezDog

DezDog Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Great idea for a thread, though Serenity no longer free.

I like "SimplyNoise" and "Sleep Machine Lite".
    3. Tha_b_man

Tha_b_man Member

Tinnitus Since:
      +1 for Sleep Machine
    4. Lark

Lark Member

Tinnitus Since:
      I've recently been fumbling through apps as well and wouldn't mind if others could provide good recommendations. Any type of app that makes it easier for you - whether masking, relaxing, or helping fall asleep. I'd love to hear what you use.
    5. shan

shan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      God knows
      Ambio - sleep sounds for me.
    6. daedalus

daedalus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Must it be absolutely masking apps ? My favourite android apps are octave and maxima. Octave is a MATLAB clone: it allow you to do numerical computations and turns your phone in a free scientific calculator. Maxima does even better, it is a symbolic maths program. You can do differentiations, integrations, differential equations, boundary values problems and all stuff alike with it.

The absolute nerdgasm, physical keyboard strongly advised. :p

My next one would be vlc media player. But in truth i never use my phone to play media.

For masking i simply downloaded nature noises i liked and played them on whatever i wanted. You all really should play with the ATA sound mixer here: http://www.ata.org/sound It's excellent, you can mix whatever sounds you like among a rather large choice and download them to your phone. :)
      • Funny Funny x 1