Feeling Anger When Tinnitus Improves Only to Get Worse Again

Discussion in 'Support' started by Solose, Nov 24, 2019.

1. AfroSnowman
      Balanced

AfroSnowman Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Nonnatural energy source
      I hope so. 8 months in and today is highly atypical. Really little symptomatic improvement so far, but a fair bit of habituation progress. Anyway every time I have a good day or good moment I try to enjoy and imagine it is possible to have this be normal. Plus I've got my Lenire appointment in 5 weeks!!!

2. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Awesome! I think that the only think that could potentially interfere with your recovery is you inadvertently hurting your ears again. Stay away from fire alarms, drive more carefully to reduce the chance of your airbag going off, and try to not take any ototoxic medications.

3. AfroSnowman
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Nonnatural energy source
      From your keyboard to God's ears

4. AfroSnowman
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Nonnatural energy source
      @Bill Bauer I see you about generally giving out optimistic advice to people, if I may ask how has your recovery gone?

5. JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      Sometimes yes.

6. alex1975

alex1975 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably sound induced
      Yup my tinnitus fluctuates every day:
      1-2 days of the week it’s a pleasant hiss in my right ear (volume 1 or 2/10);
      3 -4 days it’s the usual high pitched jet engine/tea kettle/cricket i. The whole head (volume 4 or 5 /10);
      then I have the bad 7/10 loud day once or sometimes twice a week.
      Unless I’m having a quiet “hissing day”, I can pretty much hear it everywhere; gym, restaurants, my car, in a mall,... Sucks!
      But as time goes by I don’t react to it as bad as I used to and am able to focus on other things more without feeling down (habituation I’m guessing...). Still waiting for my appointment in Ireland :)

7. KMc24

KMc24 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      3/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Sounds exactly like my tinnitus. Hardly ever get 2 good days in a row. A couple of times I got 3 good days in a row. Sometimes it fluctuates every other day from severe to mild. Most of the time it's loud one day, moderate the next, and then mild the following day. Then it starts all over again. The quieter it is on the mild day means it will be even louder the next. Payback for the quiet day. It's a cruel condition.