Feeling Desperate, My Tinnitus Started After an Energy Healing Session

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by DaniBeez, Nov 26, 2021.

1. DaniBeez

DaniBeez Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hello. I’m a 37yo mom to three littles, and an entrepreneur. I started with tinnitus three weeks ago seemingly out of nowhere.

I did an energy healing session for the second time this month and the tinnitus started that day. I never experienced it previously, I don’t listen to loud music or anything. It started as low rumble, then a light, high pitch, then both simultaneously, now very high pitch and loud.

I haven’t had REM sleep for longer than a couple of minutes in 3 straight weeks. My stress was very high prior to the tinnitus, and now I feel like I am spiraling. I am reading incessantly and taking a ton of supplements.

I was just reading about a laser?? Curious if this is worth the $800 because I read that getting it early on is important.

Thanks for reading and I’m praying for relief for all of you.

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. Rudedog205

Rudedog205 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure? Possible concussion? Covid Vaccine? TMJ?
      Hi DaniBeez, welcome to the forum and sorry to hear about your new found tinnitus.

Tinnitus can start for many different reasons and has a tendency to come on after a period of high stress. It may have come on from a medication that was ototoxic (very common with things like common painkillers such as Ibuprofen) too if you take any of those.

It might be worth getting your jaw checked out to rule out TMJ disorder which can come from clenching or grinding your teeth at night and is a pretty common way to get tinnitus. I say that because stress tends to cause some people to clench in their sleep. Resolving this if you happen to have it will likely at least lower the volume to some degree.

Other than that neck and postural issues are another common possible culprit. I can't speak much about the lasers as I do not know anything about them besides the anecdotes on this forum.

Some good supplements to take would be Magnesium and Ginkgo biloba.

• Like Like x 1
    3. mohn

mohn Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      First few weeks of tinnitus are tough for most people.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    4. Leila
      Daring

Leila Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      1 chiropractic treatment, 2 and 3 no cause
      Hi there,

first of all, sorry to hear about your sudden tinnitus onset. I know how hard it is to lose your silence. Try to stay calm, I know this is easier said than done, and see if you can find some masking sounds you can play around the house.

If your tinnitus is reactive get some good earplugs so that you can protect your ears when things are starting to get too much. You'll probably have to try out quite a few because some work better / are more comfortable to wear than others. I've got a pair of silicone earplugs that work very well but I can't tolerate them for long periods of time because they make my ear feel sweaty.
      I can't help you with your question about "a laser" but, considering the number of tinnitus sufferers here and the many different things they have tried and the amount of money they've spent in order to find some kind of relief, I would say if laser treatment worked it would be big news here.

I don't want to discourage you but see if you can find somebody, other than the people trying to sell the treatment, who has undergone the procedure and is happy with the outcome.

What made a huge difference to me was my WNG. It is taxing in a different way because battling noise with noise is exhausting. But if your tinnitus doesn't go away after a while it might be something worth looking into.

All the best,
      Leila

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    5. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to the forum.

Have you got anything to help you sleep? Like Melatonin or prescribed sleep pills? When you get better sleep and learn to unwind the stress level, then perhaps the tinnitus will go down to more bearable level. 3 weeks is a short time and yes the initial period is often the worst. Perhaps give it some time to settle down before attempting the expensive treatment unless you can easily afford it. Generally it will take a new tinnitus to get better 6 to 18 months. So don't get too anxious to avoid more stress.

Take care. God bless.

• Like Like x 2
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    6. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Single 25 mg dose of (anticholinergic) drug Promethazine
      Hi @DaniBeez -- So sorry to hear about your sudden tinnitus onset. For clarification, do you believe the tinnitus started as a result of the energy healing session? Are you looking for suggestions or thoughts about this question? I was also wondering if you informed the energy healing practitioner what happened, and curious if this ever happened to any other clients. If you do think it's from that session, you may want to consider some energy polarity exercises to see if that might correct things for you. -- All the Best...

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      DaniBeez

DaniBeez Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Thank you for replying. I’m not sure if that was the cause of it, but it’s interesting that it showed up that day. And yes, I did inform her of this.

Well, actually, I did one more session with her a few days ago and I have not had any bit of relief, though the pitch definitely did change. Either way I’m just trying to look ahead and not look back and figure out my sleep situation before anything else.

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      DaniBeez

DaniBeez Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Thanks billie48. I just got some Trazodone from my 79-year-old grandmother today while I await my appointment with my PCP tomorrow. I am praying for sleep as I am seriously exhausted and feeling like a shell of myself.

• Hug Hug x 1
    9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      DaniBeez

DaniBeez Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi Leila, what is WNG? White noise something?

10. Leila
      Daring

Leila Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      1 chiropractic treatment, 2 and 3 no cause
      It's a white noise generator. What I'm using is actually a pair of hearing aids with the hearing aid function turned off and the white noise function turned on.

If you already have a pair of Bluetooth devices (in-ear headphones) you could play a masking sound that doesn't egg on your tinnitus and see if you can deal with the additional noise.

I haven't gone this route because I've got three different noises and what works with one messes with the other, so I was quite happy to have my audiologist help me with finding a masking noise that works and do the adjusting. I started out with only one WNG (my first two tinnitus noises were in the same ear) and it took more than half a year to find something I could live with.

However, I know there are a couple of people on Tinnitus Talk using Bluetooth devices who are happy with the results. I can't remember the thread(s) I read about it, but they shouldn't be too hard to find if you do a keyword search.

Best of luck,
      Leila

11. Brian P

Brian P Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ménière’s disease
      Any noise exposure recently or in the past? Clubs, bars, concerts, headphones, etc?

• Good Question Good Question x 1