Feeling Down Today!

Discussion in 'Support' started by Goofy, Apr 29, 2013.

1. Goofy
      Goofy

Goofy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2013
      My T has been bad for the past three days. Last Tuesday was burning the garbage and a stupid aerosol can blew up will I was standing near it but my ears didn’t start bothering me until about Friday. So I am not sure if that was it or not. This morning my ears feel kind of full and pressure in my head. My left ear is the worse and I wake up in the middle of the night and it is screaming at me. Still can’t sleep lying down, for some reason makes T worse.
      Sometimes if I listen to about 8000hz real soft it helps for a little while but not always. Feeling anxious today also because of T. I have had bad episodes before but this one seems worse. Maybe it is just me, I know I need to stay calm and ride it out but that is hard to do sometimes. As some of you know I had HBO treatments and it seems to help but after only 3-4 days it starting increasing again and was bad for a week before it improved.

I wish I could figure out what is going on. I avoid caffeine, don’t drink. The hardest on to avoid is sodium. Not sure if that is the trigger for my bad T or not.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Makoto Deguchi
      Caffeine

Makoto Deguchi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2012
      Hello, I have similar distress of yours. How about trying have "Diazepam 2mg". I've gotten much better!

3. click
      Blah

click Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/04/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      Goofy,

You say that the hardest to avoid is sodium. It is different for everyone but, for me, sodium makes a huge difference to the volume of my tinnitus.

I know it's hard but it may be worth trying to reduce the amount you consume - just to see if it makes a difference. At least you will have a focus on doing something that may well help.

Menieres disease is often accompanied by tinnitus and many people with this disease are advised to try a low sodium diet to reduce the symptoms.

Here is a link to a site that gives you sodium values of common foods. It's pretty easy to make up meals with low sodium ones - I know.. I'm doing it!

http://oto2.wustl.edu/men/sodium.htm

Anyway - good luck and I hope you manage to 'stay calm and carry on' until it gets a little better.

Click

• Like Like x 1
    4. calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      I know this sounds crazy, but I have been eating organic dried mango slices and it seems to be good for my T. I sure wish someone would try this out and see if it makes a difference to them.

I have googled mangoes and tinnitus, but got nothing really other than one should eat them to help ... along with blueberries, pineapple, etc.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Goofy
      Goofy

Goofy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2013
      Makoto, I have not tried any prescription dugs yet. I am considering it. Just when I think I am doing better WHAM :blackeye: it kicks my butt again.

• Like Like x 1
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Goofy
      Goofy

Goofy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2013

Besides eating only fresh food sodium is in everything. I am going to try and avoid sodium for the next couple of days and see how it goes. "'stay calm and carry on" that is what I am trying to do. I work with a gentleman that is from England and he has that quote hanging on his cubical wall.

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Goofy
      Goofy

Goofy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2013

Thanks for the suggestion. I am not much of a dry fruit person but I will take it into consideration.

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Goofy
      Goofy

Goofy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2013
      Last night wasn't much better. I woke up around 2am and T was bad again until about 4am. Finally went back to sleep on and off until 7am. I decided to skip work today to avoid stress and noise and while I was trying to type this I get a call from work. Luckly it was only for a couple of questions.:eek:

Been trying to mask my T with tone generators and listening to a couple different files that Steve has made for the CR® Neuromodulation post. Not sure if that is the right thing to do or not without knowing my exact T match. Having a hard time finding a match.

9. Hudson
      Cowboy

Hudson Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      How would you best describe your T,Goofy?

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Goofy
      Goofy

Goofy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2013
      My left ear is the worse and it is in my brain constantly. Then on occasion my left ear decides it wants to scream at me in a real high pitch like EEEEEE. Also the left ear is sensitive to sound. In the beginning my right ear wasn’t an issue but the last couple months it has decided to join in the fun. Luckily it is not as loud and is only in the ear not in the brain. I hope it stays that way. The last couple days I have felt pressure in my head and ears and my T has been worse

11. calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      This works for me when I get the occasional high pitch in the ear that doesn't normally have the T... I put pressure on the area next to the ear flap (by your cheek). There is a little dent there. Hold for about 30 seconds. It is an acupressure point for T.

Try sleeping with two or more pillows. I find that elevating my head when sleeping helps the T to be quieter.

12. click
      Blah

click Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/04/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      You need to do it for at least a week Goofy. I have found that it takes a good few days for the levels already in you to go down.

Good luck with it - I hope it makes a difference for you in the same way that it has for me.

Click

13. click
      Blah

click Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/04/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      Hi Calin

It doesn't sound crazy. A hangover from my vegan days is that I regularly eat organic dried mango slices. I love them! Perhaps this has helped my T to not be as loud or as constant as it could have been.

Click

14. Pat's Studio
      Alone

Pat's Studio Member

Tinnitus Since:
      As for low sodium diet? my history is strange. there have sometimes been years between meneres attacks; sometimes only 1 or 2 per year. always at night. my diet seldom vari. so, i am not sure if sodium s a factot for me. BUT. just now because of increased frequency of menieres attacks and tinnitis volume, i am making a new BIG effort. am trying to keep sodium at or below 1500mg evenly distributed throughout the day. just got a terrific app for my tablet called "mynetdiary" that helps me record, monitor and analyze sodium intake..........