Feeling Like the Odd One Out

Discussion in 'Support' started by Mand b, Jan 14, 2016.

1. Mand b

Mand b Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/10
      My tinnitus is still bad along with feeling dizzy as always and my ear just feels not right like blocked on and off like pressure deep inside and a sensation like something is there but theres not. I just feel like the odd one out like every one I know has no issues like this and here I am scared for my hearing that I have left (already deaf in one ear). Been having mild ear pain on and off also but the nurse last week said no infection. I am tired and had a headache all day and keep getting a achey neck and jaw like I always have one symptom or the other every day lately. I'm 27 and I feel old before my time because of feeling restricted. I wish I could live normally but that can not happen with this loud noise in my head that I struggle to hear over. I am literally fed up of hearing it now I even went for a walk and heard it the whole time. The only time I didn't hear it was at the swimming pool yesterday when i took my daughter to her swimming lesson. If only there was something I could do to live normally x

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Hotaru
      Depressed

Hotaru Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12-15-15
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      URI/ETD
      I am 26 and also feel old and depressed. If you're neck and jaw hurt, you probably have TMJ. I had that too (nothing to do with T) and I got a retainer perfectly fit for my mouth and I wear it every night and it works. I think they have cheap mouth guards at the drug store, though. Go to a chiropractor or acupuncturist; I've heard of T being solved by doing that. Let's get better together.

3. noisebox
      Loved

noisebox Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      West End show. Came back 2015 vitamin D overdose prescribed
      If you feel dizzy you need checking out for Ménière's. Normal T does not cause dizziness.
      It may be stress but needs looking at.
      If you have neck issues try get them fixed as they may cause the T if blood flow is restricted. Or see if you have TMJ good dentist can diagnose that.
      Please don't do nothing, you are young and have a life to live

4. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi mand b,
      I would push for getting your ears checked for a infection brewing and push to see ENT.
      Totally understand how you are feeling as you know what I have t o cope with.
      Defiantly look in to dizzy medication that I already mentioned.
      Do you still wear a hearing aid ?
      Might be best with two and might help your balance but if I remember right you have a masker for the other ear .
      Sending you lots of hugs ........
      I know you will get through this again .....lots of love glynis

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mand b

Mand b Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/10
      Hi Noisebox I do not have Menieres my ENT consultant told me. I am not convinced but I do not have vertigo or sickness ever. The dizziness is always there in some form though but I did go 2 years with no tinnitus(could not hear it not even in quiet environments) so would this be Menieres because would I have had flare ups of Tinnitus in those 2 years?x

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mand b

Mand b Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/10
      Hi Glynis I do not wear a hearing aid i did however used to wear a WNG but stopped when my tinnitus improved well before that due to them always breaking on me. Not sure if could be an inner ear infection because my one ear feels full, warm and pressure all on my jaw. Could serc relieve ear pressure? I am seeing ENT on Monday x

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mand b

Mand b Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/10
      Hi Hotaru its horrible isn't it? How long have you had tinnitus for? I am going to the dentist next week so will mention this to them. Has anything helped your tinnitus?x

8. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi mand b,
      Sect helps with nausea and vertigo but not tinnitus.
      Hope you get some answers on Monday at ENT.
      Hope you go on ok at the dentist and can check for TMJ....lots of love glynis xxx

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mand b

Mand b Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/10
      I just wondered if in the mean time it would help with the ear pressure feeling which is annoying me but if it doesn't work for that I won't bother taking. Thank you I hope I get some answers I really have had enough x

10. Hotaru
      Depressed

Hotaru Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12-15-15
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      URI/ETD
      I've had it for a month, and I don't know what caused it yet. You look like you've had it for five years, and I'm sorry. I'm hoping mine's temporary, but even if it is I will protect my ears after. Since I only started looking into it, I haven't done much yet except start taking magnesium oxide. I will start taking vitamin B12 next week and also going to ENT to determine the cause, maybe.