Felicitations and Salutations to You All

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Emrys, Aug 16, 2018.

1. Emrys
      Cloud9

Emrys Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1997 LvL 1-2 || 2017 LvL 8-9 ||2019 LvL1
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Skiing accident, (Face plant) compressed C4/5/6
      Sawasdee Krup,
      A tall man with nerd-neck from looking at too many computer screens on top of a bad skiing accident where I went face first into a snow bank resulting with compressed C4/5/6.

2007 started getting pains along the left hand to little finger and after months of many Dr's and drugs I found a wonderful physiotherapist who told me to sleep with my left hand/arm just behind my back. Within a few days the tingling and pain went away.

I realised after reading this forum that I had tinnitus for a lot longer than I thought. In a basement or very quiet room I could hear a shhhhh kind of sound starting somewhere in 1997. Never bothered me.
      2017 I started noticing a high pitched sound in the middle of my head which over time has gotten louder and louder to now where I hear it over everything even standing next to a busy road.

I live in Bangkok, Thailand and went to local Dr's who checked my ears and said what I am sure many have heard. "It's your special sound and there is nothing you can do so man up and live with it" or words to that effect. I have gone though the top 3 hospitals here and get the same deal. Audio check, ear check and off you go.

I went back to the great physiotherapist and she pointed me to Hua Chiew Hospital and their Traditional Chinese Medicine department where I have been receiving acupuncture for many months. The Dr is lovely and is trying but I feel it is not really working but I carry on in hope.

This week I ventured into the world of Chiropractors and found a Dr who seems empathetic and stated that i had a whole host of issues to correct, frozen Atlas out of alignment, jaw out of alignment, neck of course out of alignment and something about a frozen joint with my hip. "I have a very large hammer" was the best phrase I got out of him.

As with many who have tinnitus it is consuming me now. I wake up and hear the screaming and feel that a bolder has fallen on me and try to reason with my self that I felt this way with the pain in my arm and all it took was the right person to give me a solution. I have found a lot of inspiration and ideas from this forum and I hope that we all can find some relief soon.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      • Agree Agree x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Emrys
      Cloud9

Emrys Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1997 LvL 1-2 || 2017 LvL 8-9 ||2019 LvL1
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Skiing accident, (Face plant) compressed C4/5/6
      Hey there Bill, I am an oddity and am suffering the cruelest thing. I hate noise and wear headphones with no sound most of the time just to cut out background noise. It is hot here so Air-conditioning is a must and that is the loudest thing I have to deal with. I have always liked the quiet and miss it oh so. Have never been one for loud music and have been good about protecting my ears.

It was suggested to me that is a possible cause of the tinnitus, my love of the quiet and that I need more sound around me. To sleep I do use "Tinnitus HQ" on my iPhone playing Scottish Rain to help me pass out.