Fiancée Is Desperate: Tinnitus Caused — and Made Worse — by Propranolol, Looking for Guidance!

Discussion in 'Support' started by DesperatePartner, Mar 20, 2021.

1. Wrfortiscue
      Cowabunga

Wrfortiscue Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Trauma
      Can’t wait to not care about it lol.

• Like Like x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    2. kuromi
      Cheerful

kuromi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      16/11/20
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      outer ear infection
      Seconded. One of my biggest successes in this entire situation was being able to conciously step back from the forum and the community at large to live by normal life for awhile - almost as proof that it was possible for things to become okay; and with time, living became second nature instead of the worry being my immediate thought.

I wish everyone here my utmost support, we will get through this. I just know it.

• Like Like x 3
    3. Damocles
      No Mood

Damocles Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otitis media
      If you ever reach a point where you no longer care about it, then you will have surpassed me. But whether that day comes or not, for now you can absolutely join me in enduring with ease until the day we are freed from this curse.

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    4. cruise
      Relaxed

cruise Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @Damocles I hope that day will come for you soon, that you are freed from tinnitus or freed from caring about tinnitus.

5. Padraigh Griffin

Padraigh Griffin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown/Stress
      Don't take this callous and cruel advice. You are obviously an empathetic person to your core and love your partner. You are doing all you can and take peace in that. Keep going, but her desperation is not yours. You will not find any further answers on here. Love is strong. Even if you can't save her, you will have comfort in the fact you tried your best.

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      DesperatePartner
      Heartbroken

DesperatePartner Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Propanolol
      Just an update...

We got ourselves through the situation.

My partner ramped up to 45 mg Mirtazapine and after a short period titrated down very slowly to ween off the medication.

She is back to her old self and happy and never mentions her tinnitus (although I’m sure it is still there on a lower level).

I can only assume the news and stress we had received had made everything 100 times worse and it was exacerbating her tinnitus.

We have moved well on now for over 6 months and finally got married which was postponed due to COVID-19 twice and we are now expecting our first child.

I would just like to thank you all for your advice and direction through such difficult circumstances and I hope you all have the same luck we have had going forward.

• Hug x 6
      • Like x 3
      • Agree x 2
      • Optimistic x 2
      • Winner x 1
    7. Stayinghopeful
      Procrastinating

Stayinghopeful Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Worsened with COVID-19 / Anesthesia
      God, that’s so great to read! I’m very happy for you both!

If you don’t mind sharing, what do you think were the main things that helped your wife recover from where she was in the beginning?

Thanks.

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    8. InNeedOfHelp

InNeedOfHelp Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      MRI Scan
      When you disappeared, I thought the worst case scenario happened to your wife.

Thank you for coming back and closing this. I wish you all the best.

9. Uklawyer

Uklawyer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Medication - antidepressants
      @DesperatePartner, really happy for you and for your new wife - it is amazing news.

I for one am certainly interested in your wife's recovery - sounds like she could teach many of us on this forum a thing or two! I am sure that we would all welcome such insight from her - but would equally understand if she (and you) just wanted to put this all behind her.

In any event, great news and you deserve huge credit for sticking by her and doing all this to help - your efforts paid off and you should be proud your yourself as well as of her.

Wishing you all the best.

• Agree Agree x 3