Fibromyalgia and Peripheral Neuropathy

Discussion in 'Health Talk' started by UserID, Aug 20, 2014.

1. UserID
      Lucky

UserID Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/01/1972
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Artillery
      And these are only a couple of the challenging health issues I have. Two prostate procedures for enlargement never quite got it right: TUNA and TUIP. I should have had the TURP procedure instead; but then, I would get off only inside of me, if I did get up. It's what my brother had done and now he can take any amount of decongestants/antihistamines he needs. With me, my prostate still enlarges when I take cold medicines, frustrating the entire urinary process, with a few promised drips most days.

But getting back to fibro, my entire body hurts every day, from my head down to my toes, and for that I've been given lyrica, hydrocodone and xanax. Actually, the xanax also aids in controlling the anxiety of having to carry this body around with me everyday. And yet, I continue to maintain a full time job from which I can, if I choose to, retire in three months, which I doubt I will since I don't want to hang around the house alone or attempt to look for something to do.

The local Cultural Center asked me to teach a literature class after they discovered my educational background, but after spending weeks trying to decide what period or genre I'd like to teach, I couldn't make up my mind. I'm very much into movements, such as the Beat Generation, the Lost Generation, and particular characteristics of period writing, such as Victorian England's determinism and Nietzsche's "God is dead" theme. His role in persuading the German state to adopt his view turned that country into a killing machine. Social Darwinism is what they put in action, the survival of the fittest through racism and the slow, but eventual, mass slaughter of the Jewish race.

Kids, however, would probably not like any of those topics, as the center's intent is to draw teenagers. For them, it would have to be vampire and dystopian themes, and I wasn't in the mood to research topics in which I have very little interest, although those genres have created abiding fads of their own. Teens and twenties groups dress up in their vampire attire and meet in the tourist section of Tampa, YBor City, on weekend nights arrayed in their dark costumes with molded, easily fitting fangs that some dentists are willing to create, as long as the money is there.

Getting back to the fibro, I have those occasional bad days where no med I take wants to relieve me of the pain and misery. The neuropathy, also, tends to have a mind of its own, stinging and burning down my legs and/or arms. Lyrica can go both ways, either provide relief or increase the strength of the stinging.

I'd say, if I have 20 more years to live, I hope things don't get progressively worse. May God have mercy on us all.
      David

• Hug Hug x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    2. Marlene
      English

Marlene Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      July 1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bacterial virus
      Hi User if I could put more than 1 star I would you certainly deserve it for what you write,on all matters outside along with T,love seeing User ID come up on threads ,know it will be interesting .
      Not an easy illness to deal with I've friends with it,see first hand how hard there lives have become.
      Your so active despite it all.maybe this will help over the coming 20 years ahead you speak of by being active.
      From a very cold again UK big hug User

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      UserID
      Lucky

UserID Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/01/1972
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Artillery
      Thanks for the compliment, Marlene. I'm holding together by God's grace and because there isn't anyone to help. If you have to do it yourself, then that's what you do. Good or bad days, you still have to shop, cook, feed the cat, and clean the house. It's doable, but not always easy.

4. Marlene
      English

Marlene Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      July 1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bacterial virus
      Words so true User,I'm lucky husband around since my balance is bad,helps me a lot,good cook so we don't starve,
      I do hoovering those kind of things but standing still is the worse,feel like I'm moving,weird it is.
      Never know what's round the corner,couple of friends got there FM from a virus,which left them with it both female ,other is a male,had to stop work earlier than he had planned as he was in so much pain to walking,,the girls the same on the pain front,sad to see User.Not sure what meds in UK there on,but will ask .One of them has T,lot to cope with.2 have physio regularly,for the pain.Takecare and God bless

5. john livingston
      Cool

john livingston Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/1974
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      football contact
      Hey I see you from Tampa to bad the mmj didn't pass down your way as I can tell you from years of first hand experience with all you got going on with mmj could change your life for the better. That's what god put it here for not for putting folks in cages for trying to get well using it. When it comes back around make sure to vote to keep gov out of your medicine cabinet you owe it to yourself to feel better with no side affects except a good hardy appetite!