Fighting with Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by Jkph75, Jun 18, 2016.

1. Jkph75

Jkph75 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/27/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      Today I was able to find a way to push the tinnitus out of my mind. Almost to the point where I couldn't hear it. I can't really explain how I did this. I guess I was focusing very hard on not hearing it. Now I am tired and it is 5x louder than it has ever been. Does anyone know what I am talking about or am I just losing my mind here?

2. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      I can do a mind trick like that when I wake up. Somehow I'm still a bit groggy and I manage to control my brain to push the noise to an area of consciousness where it's not as prevalent, almost as if it disappeared.
      Since I have multiple T noises, I have to work on each of them separately, but I manage to quiet them down a bit like that.
      It doesn't work after I get up: I have to be in that stupor moment. And as soon as I move my attention away from the silencing task, it comes back.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jkph75

Jkph75 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/27/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      I can do the same thing in the morning. I can do it somewhat during the day but I have to not be tired and have some other sound. I can't do it in dead silence and I can't always do it. I wish I knew what I was doing. Maybe I could figure out a way to turn down the volume at least.