Finally Support

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by stopthemaddness, Dec 21, 2014.

1. stopthemaddness

stopthemaddness Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Hi everyone. Hard to believe that I have just found this site. I have been suffering from T for about 8 years now and I believe it all started when I had a very bad reaction to some dye. My face and around my eyes swelled up freakishly and my doctor prescribed steroids. Well....the swelling went down but the "ringing" began.
      I have pretty much tried every so called miracle cure over the counter remedy out there and nothing has worked so I have just learned to live with. I have self diagnosis myself as having brain tumors,inner ear cancer, high blood pressure, oncoming stroke victim, brain cancer, blood clots, and almost anything else that I happen to read about what causes T. The good news is that I haven't died yet!
      I just recently retired so I have much more time to be preoccupied with my T. So I have decided to do some of my own research and take more attention to this most annoying condition we are all suffering from. I have started to chart out how the noise spikes and started writing in a journal to record the things that I do to lessen the ringing levels and what seems to make it spike. A pattern is developing since I have started this documentation. I have noticed a pattern of peaks and valleys. Has any of you noticed such patterns?

2. Louis Leung

Louis Leung Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Hi there, thanks for sharing. I think ultimately T sufferers will contribute a whole lot on any future cure. From what I understand, each person's T is uniquely different so your patterns may be different than anyone else's. It's important that you chart your patterns for you. And if it works, maybe share the method, not so much the data. As someone who has "beaten" T in my right ear, getting used to it will make it disappear. Everything about it is mental.

3. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Hello and welcome. Good that you are keeping a journal of sort on the peaks and valleys. Sometimes people's T can be due to stress, acoustic trauma, grief, medicines/drugs, diet, sleep issue etc. It is good that you are seeing a pattern and hope you find the reason for the spikes. Some people report that they have cyclical spikes and lows regardless of what they do. T is not easy to predict. But if you can trace it to a cause, it will be treat.

4. gary
      Transparent

gary Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who Knows
      Hi STM. I too have kept a log book, and did what you are doing. For me I could not find any correlation of any sort. I do notice my T come and goes from medium, meaning it is tolerable, to high meaning it is insanely high. There is no low (barely detectable) in my log because that only has happened twice in 2.5 years.

The medium and high are roughly 50-50. 5-7 days medium, 5-7 days insanely high. I now keep the log book only to look back when I have those high days to assure myself that soon it will get better. it's just a mind game, I know that, but it gets me through.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      stopthemaddness

stopthemaddness Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Thank you for your comments. I get most relief at night when I go to bed. I just lay on my back and try to embrace the ringing and use that to sort of a meditating factor. The majority of the time in works. I find myself drifting off to sleep as as I do, my T levels goes down and sometimes even disappears. I am thankful when that happens and really enjoy the quiet. If I am sleepy this works; if I am restless it does not. That is the only time when my T levels are the lowest. When I wake up and start my day....it's back and I just have to deal with it. If I don't dwell on it during the day, I do not notice it....but it is always there. The key for me so far is to relax and try not to get preoccupied with the ringing.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    6. uncle vikin
      Musical

uncle vikin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Subjective tinnitus r ear cause ( unknown)
      Its a mind game for sure,not understood by doctors I don't care what studies they have done THEY DO NOT UNDERSTAND THIS CONDITION it is to much in the brain neuro connections to understand it .I think they have alot of clues and mabe looking in the right areas but to go in there and fix it NOPE not yet .We have to mentally fix it. Those who have mastered this should be proud of the accoplishment cause it takes time but I think we all will get use to it with time if we can take each day one at a time good days, bad days .Fight the urge to give in to it .Like I said it is a mind game with yourself. Circuits are messed up somewhere and when they say it is a phantom sound I say bull if WE can hear it then it is there just as real as a fire alarm.Those who don"t have it just don't understand.Doctors act like it ain't a big deal because they know they can't do anything to saftly cure it but all the little therapy treatments they have come up with is just ways to deal with T till it naturally does'nt bother you or Habituation occurs.T will not harm you but get out of that bed go on with your life or it will worry the heck out of you.Don't let you beat yourself in this mind game.Think about it we all get something that goes wrong nothing runs perfect forever.We all just have T let's all win this mind game This support forum is great .This post is to try to get those that read it to get the fire going to fight through it .It is just a sound we all hear and it can drive us nuts but its just a sound .Anxiety Fear thats what we must beat and I truly believe we can................mike

• Agree Agree x 1