First Post — Jazz Drummer with Tinnitus and Hyperacusis

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Jazz drummer, Nov 5, 2021.

1. Juan

Juan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Several causes
      Anyway, in most cases of tinnitus and / or hyperacusis nothing shows on image testing (MRI or CT scan).

2. DaveFromChicago

DaveFromChicago Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Headcold/Flu
      To Juan:

And even if it did, there is nothing Medical Science can do if an MRI registers cilia hair and / or aural nerve damage.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jazz drummer

Jazz drummer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Yes, the MRI or CT is more a formality to getting certain headache medications, which may or may not relate to my tinnitus and hyperacusis. As I've had chronic headaches for years (and gotten an MRI for them in the past) and some of the symptoms feel the same, I'm looking into possible connections. It's a drag they make you get these scans before prescribing certain medicines. Thanks for the replies!

4. Juan

Juan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Several causes
      I think in Spain doctors prescribe drugs without so many protocols... which medications require getting a previous image test?

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jazz drummer

Jazz drummer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      The way it is here, you need a scan before getting triptans, and you have to try triptans before you can try other headache medicines, like Nurtec.

• Informative Informative x 1
    6. ZFire
      Pacman

ZFire Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      2012 (mild) & 04/2021 (severe)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ototoxicity (2012) Unknown-likely noise induce (2021)
      Car honks are so unexpected here in NYC. A yellow cab will literally honk for no reason whatsoever. Then you have the daily trucks/cars driving right next to each other on multiple lanes and then road rage which is fairly common. Subways can be avoided. Most people nowadays will take their bikes/scooters or even Citigroup bikes to reach their destinations. It’s better because you could also ride them through Central Park which doesn’t allow cars and you can save a lot of time reaching your destination as the park acts as a shortcut in many ways.

• Like Like x 1