Flare Audio Calmer — Does It Help Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by Chinmoku, Jul 9, 2020.

1. Jazzer

Jazzer Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      1/1995
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      93664E6E-29BA-4968-9506-6C9570D76B87.jpeg

2. Jazzer

Tinnitus Since:
      1/1995
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      569EC43A-285D-4464-81C2-65FE106EE3A0.jpeg

“We need to fight the good fight folks because
      the BTA are clearly not remotely interested!”

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. Jazzer

Tinnitus Since:
      1/1995
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      I have just posted this on Flare Audio’s Facebook page. I wonder how long it will be before they filter my comment out?

B91C5282-23F1-4643-B612-335F02798F35.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 1
    4. Mister Muso
      No Mood

Mister Muso Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2011 / April 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      I'm intrigued by their possibilities for hyperacusis sufferers like myself.

I highly doubt these glorified earplugs would do anything for tinnitus, and those reviews do look suspicious.

If you have hyperacusis though, has anyone found them to be any better than the varieties of earplugs on the market? Do they feel more comfortable, or do they let you hear conversations better whilst filtering out harsh sounds? Or am I just as well sticking with my 3-pairs-for-a-tenner usual variety?

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    5. Sveinp68

Sveinp68 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Anxiety stress. Post Covid. Who knows
      I suffer from hyperacusis and use the Flare Audio Calmers during daytime at work. I'm a teacher. I like them. They filter out high frequency sounds pretty ok. They obviously don't do anything for tinnitus though. The earplugs are soft and comfortable. That said, I haven't tried any other type of earplugs.

I'm planning on getting a pair of Alpine Musician's Pro or something similar.

6. Ultra
      Depressed

Ultra Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I bought these a while ago. They do seem to take the edge of aggressive noises a bit when I'm outside in the street. They do nothing whatsoever for my tinnitus.

7. iota

iota Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hello all - new here. I read the thread and just wanted to add my experience with the Flare Calmers. I bought them to see if they would help with the stress from particular sound environments (noisy streets, noisy restaurants etc). I haven't had them very long, but for me they do make a difference. Time will tell if it helps long term. I will post here again after I've had them for a couple of months.

Just wanted to say, in case it's of interest to anyone else reading.

8. iota

iota Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Update: the Flare Calmers I had were the Mini ones. Too small, as it turned out: one fell out and got lost. So I ordered again, and this time I ordered the Calmer Pros. But Flare Audio sent me another pair of Minis.

I've been on the phone to them (and email, as the phone conversation wasn't entirely satisfactory).

Now waiting to see whether they understand that consumers in the UK do have statutory rights. I will post a further update once it's resolved.

9. iota

iota Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Happy to report that I have received a very prompt refund and an apology.