Flare Audio Calmer — Does It Help Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by Chinmoku, Jul 9, 2020.

1. annV
      Fine

annV Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown - possibly hereditary
      • Agree Agree x 3
      • Like Like x 1
    2. L34

L34 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      June 2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown, but little dip at 7000 Hz
      Didn't work for me...

I am not sending them back though, it is not worth it, I think. Costs a lot to send it back.

3. Ricardo1991
      Tired

Ricardo1991 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      The world may never know..
      Glad people are talking about this. A few people have sent it to me but I sort of brushed it off.

4. Esko
      Amazed

Esko Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Rock concert. No hearing loss identified.
      I'm absolutely loving these as a first impression, after receiving them today. Remains to be known whether all effects I experience stick around past the initial weeks. I think these are helpful in reducing the sum of anxiety I experience. Tinnitus caused me a constant stream of anxious input that I believe affects me profoundly, and reducing any anxious input may help me deal with the effective stress. Making sure I sleep in a properly soft (not too soft nor too firm) bed has been one critical step. Cleaning my ears carefully and firmly using Revaxör (Swedish ear cleaner, doubt it's anything special) twice or thrice was another, and actually a breakthrough for me, but quite possibly thanks to a combination with overall lower anxiety allowing me to focus away from the remaining tinnitus.

My tinnitus is relatively minor in perceptual volume. When I got tinnitus over 7 years ago, I heard it over nonfiguratively everything. That horror period lasted weeks or months, and then there was only awful agony for years. Today I barely ever hear it and when I do am not as impacted by it, but not feeling severely affected by it is still a recent development of this year. I am extremely grateful to be where I am. Tinnitus can certainly ruin one's life.

This simple product Calmer seems to do what it claims, and I enjoy it way more than I expected. Flare Audio is respectfully careful with how they present potential benefits in regard to tinnitus.

5. iconic

iconic Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection / industrial noise
      Hi, I have just received my set of Flare Audio Calmer. I have been using them for about 4 days, and I can't say I have noticed any difference apart from my tinnitus seems louder - I am not sure if I have them inserted properly, I may have them too far in so I am going to try them not so deep - I will report back if they improve my tinnitus.

6. Alberte

Alberte Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I ordered a set of Flare Audio Calmer and tried them. No change at all for me.

7. Jackie41

Jackie41 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aeroplane/ Bereavement
      I have had tinnitus for 4 years and for around 3 of those years I never heard it in the day and only dealt with it at night.

I heard great news about these Flare Audio Calmers.

As soon as I used them, it changed my tinnitus sound from a hissing to a high pitched ringing.

It's now been 5 months and it has not let up.

I know I have to try and ignore it again but it is so hard, I think it's because the sound changed and my brain has picked up on the different noise.

If you do use them, be cautious, remember what doctors say, the only thing you should put in your ears is your elbow because it doesn't fit.

It's great if these Calmers work for some people. But I just want to be able to manage my tinnitus again.

8. Ripper

Ripper Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Perforated eardrum
      Tried these, zero effect for me.

9. Amaranta
      Dramaqueen

Amaranta Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I own them too... No effect at all.

10. Jazzer

Jazzer Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      1/1995
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      I would just like to say that Flare Audio Calmers continue to sponsor their advertising all across Facebook every day - flooding the network.

I have made it my business to counter their vile claims on a daily basis also.

6D965A22-BC7E-4CED-8D59-DE5A1C1FB1F2.jpeg

F4096D13-006C-4955-8D75-82F323F857F0.jpeg

C0493471-9F5B-4A27-8C2B-A2482FB231AB.jpeg

CA4CA884-5E4C-448F-AC96-6C687ACFA72E.jpeg

11. Jazzer

Tinnitus Since:
      1/1995
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Ann, the BTA are despicable !!!!!!!!

But they don’t care what we think - ARSE’OLES !!

This notification on the official
      British Tinnitus Association web site.
      By supporting scammers - they are our enemies!!
      ——————————————
      It came as a huge surprise to us that we started to receive feedback that Calmer was helping some users with their tinnitus.
      ——————————————
      BULLSHIT AND LIES.

• Agree Agree x 1
    12. annV
      Fine

annV Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown - possibly hereditary
      Couldn't agree more. The BTA also took money from Neuromod. It's another ineffective gimmick with snake oil promises of 86% relief. But the BTA taking money from Flare Audio is even worse than that. They have tweeted about Flare Audio many times because of the bribe. It's great you don't mince your words and speak the truth as it is. (y) (y)

• Agree Agree x 1
    13. Jazzer

Tinnitus Since:
      1/1995
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Ann - ‘FUCK THEM!
      THE BTA and FLARE AUDIO!’

• Agree Agree x 1
    14. Jazzer

Tinnitus Since:
      1/1995
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      My latest counter attack.

D421DA85-F049-463D-AE66-AE38E5E78FC9.jpeg

15. Jazzer

Tinnitus Since:
      1/1995
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      My latest Facebook worldwide comment on Flare Audio ‘Calmers’......x

64C0C98A-223E-4F8A-8625-D035BE154A1E.jpeg

16. Jazzer

Tinnitus Since:
      1/1995
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      My latest attack on
      FLARE AUDIO CALMERS
      3C5D9FF8-CC44-45D6-9B4D-C29F65214BCD.jpeg

17. Jazzer

Tinnitus Since:
      1/1995
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      I’m at it again folks... x

F6BA4F33-B3F0-4319-98F8-CB7110B828AC.jpeg

And I can’t say fairer than that... x

18. Jazzer

Tinnitus Since:
      1/1995
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      My latest well thought out masterpiece:

04B71316-5F15-43F0-9948-BE9A2F3514CF.jpeg

19. Jazzer

Tinnitus Since:
      1/1995
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      My latest skirmish into the wallets of the scam merchants that see us all as
      ‘fair game.’

3FC47056-5114-4E2E-981A-8DA29E07B6AC.jpeg

20. Jazzer

Tinnitus Since:
      1/1995
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      The entire medical profession knows that there is currently ‘no’ effective treatment that can reduce tinnitus noise, let alone any cure.

This is both medical knowledge and common knowledge.

But ‘FLARE AUDIO’ would like to make some money - they are a business you see, and that is what businesses like to do!

They make no pacific claim to be able to do this, but cleverly publish third party references to this effect.

(A cunning stunt Mr Marketing manager! Full marks for ingenuity!!)

Now ask yourself - does ‘FLARE AUDIO’ know something that the entire medical profession has not caught up with yet?
      Have these ‘geniuses’ designed a world beating ‘first’ in medical appliances, with their two bits of plastic?
      Will the BMA adopt their product and provide it on prescription?
      Why do so many people commit suicide rather than spend a few pounds on ‘CALMERS’?
      Why do they disallow comments on their sponsored advertising page without you sharing their ‘drivel?’
      Why do they offer a money back guarantee?
      Because they know that most people can’t be bothered to do that.

Now if you wish to argue with my point of view, I have a few questions for you first:

Do you understand my statements above?
      Do you have tinnitus?
      Do you work for ‘FLARE AUDIO’?
      Do you have any financial interest in this company?
      Does your dad own the company?
      And finally - are you known among your friends and associates to be super gullible?

And if you don’t like my tone - I don’t like to see people suffering a hateful condition cheated by conmen and shysters!

QED.

• Like Like x 1
    21. Fr@nq
      Fine

Fr@nq Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Heavy medication / genetic
      Thanks again Dave, for your relentless fight against these impostors! And quod erat demonstrandum it needed! I found your previous post about 'Liebscher & Bracht' very interesting too. I watched a YouTube clip about tinnitus, made by Roland Liebscher (I speak and understand German). He knows what causes tinnitus, where it comes from and of course how to treat it. Oh and by the way: don't forget to buy his books!

I checked their website and run his wife "Dr. Med. Petra Bracht" through the medical register of the BÄK (German Medical Association) at: https://www.bundesaerztekammer.de/service/arztsuche/hessen.

All real medical doctors and registered medical therapists are in that register but not Petra Bracht so therefore she is not a medical professional, let alone being a doctor! In plain English that is called a quack and so are the other so called doctors on that website; none of them is registered. Very despicable and I really do have an opinion about the Germans and their proverbial "Gründlichkeit" (thoroughness); this is a bit disappointing. So please be aware of scammers everywhere! As my good friend Bernie always refers to them:
      scammers just want your money or even worse: they try to separate you from your money.

To everybody who thinks ear plugs, pills, books, therapies or whatever you think might help; please think double twice before you order something, regardless the price tag and remember:

1. Without official medical expertise/supervision it unfortunately is not going to help you and there is NO science, research or what soever behind it;
      2. People selling this over our backs (regardless if it is cheap or not) are just scammers. Putting a rubber plug into your ears is not curing/helping tinnitus or hyperacusis, since it is not an ear problem;
      3. Scammers just want money and really don’t have consideration with our suffering, and selling cheap junk in big numbers is still profitable to them.

• Winner Winner x 1
    22. Jazzer

Tinnitus Since:
      1/1995
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Thank you very much buddy.

These scum bags are our enemies and should be seen as such.

But I feel I wage a lonely campaign.

Most on here don’t seem to care.

Dave xx
      Jazzer

23. Jazzer

Tinnitus Since:
      1/1995
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      ‘And here’s another one’

DB885698-27AD-48DB-8A18-EA84FAD50EC0.jpeg

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    24. Fr@nq
      Fine

Fr@nq Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Oh yeah I've heard of that! It is called snake oil and it works very well... For the scammers who sell that stuff, to be precise. They're also selling hearing aids; cheap Chinese products sold expensive (up to $600!). I am wondering what country is behind this website; the extensions are .vip, .com and .net. It must be really profitable for them.

Looking for any addresses you'll find nothing (not even a contact or return address), so again... Be aware!

• Winner Winner x 1
    25. Jazzer

Tinnitus Since:
      1/1995
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      EAB24242-268B-4191-9E8D-94BB0FC07F90.jpeg

• Agree Agree x 1
    26. Fr@nq
      Fine

Fr@nq Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Interesting...!

The seller of Calmer is Flare Audio (we know them!) and a guy - UK ‘inventor’ - with the name Davies Roberts states they founded the company in 2010. They claim to have filed a patent for the Calmer but that is not registered (probably rejected, if really filed). Actually there are a few patents for speaker systems:

https://patents.justia.com/assignee/flare-audio-technologies-limited

They also produce earphones, and their customer service is lousy (just see TrustPilot).

Maybe you want to see this too, about Flare Audio Ltd:

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/06315305

You will see that the registered date is 2007 not 2010 and that Davies Richard Roberts lists his occupation for Flare Audio as 'sound engineer'. Some documents make clear that advertising on social media really pays off. Even when your stuff is based on lies and deceptions.

• Winner Winner x 1
    27. Jazzer

Tinnitus Since:
      1/1995
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Thanks for the detective work Fr@nq.

Yes I’m sure they make money ‘hand over fist.’

They are up to all of the tricks in the book, the most insidious being the use of third party claims for their products, thus leaving them essentially exempt from any possible legal come back.

Dave x
      Jazzer

28. ajc

ajc Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2002; spike 2009; worse 2017-18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music - noise damage
      Those fuckers made a £619,841 profit last year.

flare-audio.png

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    29. Jazzer

Tinnitus Since:
      1/1995
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Thank you for this info ajc.

Help me fight the good fight brother,
      Dave x

30. Matchbox
      Wishful

Matchbox Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced, Prednisone (drones), Barotrauma (distortions)
      If they want to claim it helps tinnitus, then they should be making hefty donations to tinnitus science, not sponsoring their earplugs.

• Agree Agree x 1