Fleeting Tinnitus Lasting Until the Next Day?

Discussion in 'Support' started by coffee_girl, Sep 8, 2020.

1. coffee_girl
      Innocent

coffee_girl Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      All my life, but got worse 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced / Concert
      Hey everyone! It's been a very long time since I last posted, hope y'all are ok!

Yesterday I went on a walk on the Golden Gate Bridge, it was extremely windy... I had my earplugs in though. About 4 hours later I was doing dishes when the usual fleeting tinnitus happened in my left ear... I get these once a month so it was no big deal. My left ear felt really full and tinnitus was loud.

It usually goes away in a few seconds.

I went to bed and woke up with the fleeting tinnitus reduced in volume about 80%, but it was still there (just milder), however the feeling of fullness is definitely there.

The clogged feeling is actually more annoying than the louder tinnitus...

Does anyone have any similar experiences?

2. Jack Straw
      Balanced

Jack Straw Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      1990s
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Infection, Acoustic Trauma
      I have had similar experiences where fleeting tinnitus lasted a lot longer than usual. When it happened it lasted about 4-6 hours until it was completely gone. I noticed it usually happened to me at night and didn't go away until I woke up in the morning. Not sure what causes this longer fleeting tinnitus experiences, but they are scary.

Nice to see your still around! I hope you are doing well.

• Hug Hug x 1
    3. Kendra

Kendra Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      SSNHL/ Acoustic Trauma
      I haven’t had it last into the next day before. It for me goes away when sleeping and I wake up the next day with it gone. Maybe go get your hearing checked just to be safe?

• Like Like x 1
    4. BuzzyBee
      Bookworm

BuzzyBee Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not Sure
      Hey, glad you are doing well! Usually that kind of tinnitus just fades away after a few hours of being up and around. It kind of lingers if I'm lying down or sleeping.

• Like Like x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      coffee_girl
      Innocent

coffee_girl Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      All my life, but got worse 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced / Concert
      Thanks! Mine went away after 2 days... for some reason it took a really long time. All day yesterday it was going off like alarm bells. In 1 ear.

• Like Like x 2
    6. Jack Straw
      Balanced

Jack Straw Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      1990s
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Infection, Acoustic Trauma
      Do you think it had something to do with TTTS? When it happened did you immediately experience fullness, muffled, increased noticeable tinnitus?