Flomax (Tamulosin) Has Cured My Hyperacusis 100%

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Jesse Brinck, Jun 27, 2021.

1. Jesse Brinck
      Cheerful

Jesse Brinck Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear injury caused by a Q-Tip
      Hi everyone,

I know it has been a while since I’ve posted or commented here. I just wanted to share something, even if it helps just one person. I posted back in December I believe about using Flomax (Tamulosin) and it got rid of my hyperacusis 100%.

I know some tried it and it didn’t work. What happened was I took 0.4 mg of Flomax for 14 days to help pass a kidney stone in December. But all of a sudden I realized my hyperacusis, which causes me terrible pain with sound, and a terrible fullness in my inner ear, was gone. Completely.

After 3-4 months of freedom from hyperacusis, it came back. I was so upset. I ended up getting a prescription for Flomax and trying it to see if that’s what actually helped my ear. I was doubtful and didn’t want to get my hopes up. Last night I took the first pill. Within about 4 hours I realized my hyperacusis was completely gone and still is.

My hyperacusis and tinnitus were brought on by trauma of the inner ear. I was using a Q-tip and slipped and hit my eardrum. I did not penetrate the eardrum, but I injured it enough to where I have scar tissue on it. I don’t know who this can help, but I would say anyone with hyperacusis needs to try this medication if your doctor allows.

I now know that it is the Flomax that fixes my hyperacusis. I know the pain and torment of hyperacusis and I desperately wanted to share this with anyone who this might help. I am especially excited for those who may have scar tissue from an injury because that’s my case and this 100% works for me. No matter what your hyperacusis was brought on by, I would try it!

By the way, I have tinnitus and hyperacusis. Flomax only resolved my hyperacusis. I still have tinnitus. But if I could take a pill to fix one or the other, I would choose to get rid of my hyperacusis. I am overjoyed. Praying for you all.

I am sorry for those whom it didn’t work for. I remember there were about three or four maybe who tried it. My intention was not to give you or anyone else false hope, but to help anyone I possibly can. Even if that means just one other person is freed from their hyperacusis.

Jesse Brinck

• Like Like x 8
      • Hug Hug x 2
      • Informative Informative x 2
      • Winner Winner x 1
    2. Brian Newman

Brian Newman Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Shooting/loud noise
      I’m going to try this. Thanks!

3. Lukee

Lukee Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Wim Hof Breathing Exercises
      Does anyone have an idea why this works? I’m curious if it will work for others as well.

4. Aaron91
      Gloomy

Aaron91 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music/headphones/concerts - Hyperacusis from motorbike
      @Jesse Brinck, could you explain your hyperacusis symptoms a bit more? Did you have pain or loudness hyperacusis? Did you have any trigeminal neuralgia like symptoms as well, such as an achy jaw?

5. Lukee

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hey Jesse,

Could you answer Aaron's question? How are you now with hyperacusis?

6. anotherforumuser

anotherforumuser Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      15 may 2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      MRI + probably neck
      He suffered pain hyperacusis as mentioned in his other thread. It seemed to be constant and worsened by sounds (usual odd frequencies or loud ones). Seems like a bad case of noxacusis.
      I believe there are many chances it could be related to blood hypertension bullying an inflamed ear, thus the blood tension lowering effects of the medication improving it.

7. Lukee

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      It’s possible but I think we have come to the consensus that it is more likely to do with the relaxation of smooth muscles.

8. Aaron91
      Gloomy

Aaron91 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music/headphones/concerts - Hyperacusis from motorbike
      Jesse, can you please come back to answer a few questions? I asked previously on here whether you had any neuralgia symptoms from sound, such as an achy jaw, and whether Flomax helped with that?

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    9. volterra
      Wtf

volterra Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise from Music Festival
      I got 7 x 400 mg doses from my GP, starting it today, wish me luck!

• Hug Hug x 2
      • Informative Informative x 1
    10. chinup

chinup Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      Any improvement so far?

11. volterra
      Wtf

volterra Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First day I felt very slightly better, second day I felt worse and then woke up in the middle of the night with a tight chest and really low blood pressure. So I quit.

• Hug Hug x 1
      • Good Question Good Question x 1
    12. Nick47

Nick47 Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Viral/noise
      @volterra, did you start the medication cocktail from Dr. De Ridder? I'm having issues getting Deanxit. What did he prescribe to you for hyperacusis?

13. volterra
      Wtf

volterra Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      No, I haven't even received the prescription from them. I'm feeling pretty hopeless and not trying much at the moment.

14. Nick47

Nick47 Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Viral/noise
      @volterra, I had to push. They said they posted mine but it never arrived. After 3 weeks it was emailed.