Flu Shots

Discussion in 'Support' started by jazz, Nov 10, 2014.

?

Will you get (or have you gotten) the flu vaccine?

1. Yes

22 vote(s)
    47.8%
  2. No

10 vote(s)
    21.7%
  3. I'm considering it.

14 vote(s)
    30.4%
    1. Telis

Telis Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      I wonder if these substances found in flu vaccines could cause or worsen T....

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, "The following substances are found in flu vaccines: aluminum, antibiotics, egg protein, formaldehyde, human aborted fetal apparatus (dead human tissue), monosodium glutamate (MSG), and thimerosol (mercury)."

Source:

http://www.naturalnews.com/037323_flu_vaccines_junk_science_toxicity.html#ixzz3IprbqsUb

2. Markku
      Inspired

Markku Founder Staff Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing
      About the above source @Telis linked to, NaturalNews...

From Skeptoid:

1. Natural News
      naturalnews.com

When Natural News began, it was basically the blog and sales portal of anti-pharmaceutical activist Mike Adams. His basic premise has always been the Big Pharma conspiracy, the idea that the medical industry secretly wants to keep everyone sick, and conspires with the food industry to make people unhealthy, all driven by a massive plot of greed to sell poisonous medicines. Adams appears to have become a protégé of Alex Jones, for he now writes on Natural News at least as many police state conspiracy articles as he does anti-science based medicine articles. They carry ads for each other on their sites as well.

Some examples of current articles on Natural News are:

New World Order: Implantable RFID chips capable of remotely killing non-compliant 'slaves' are here

Vaccines lower immunity

Fluoride means lower IQs and more mental retardation

and of course:

Jumping rope and 9/11 truth - how the sheeple have been trained to avoid unpopular truth about WTC 7

Natural News' misleading title — I see very little on the site that I would think to classify as "natural news" — and pretense of being a health resource has helped it to become an often cited and heavily read site. For its frighteningly large influence, and abysmal quality of information, it earns the #1 spot on this list.

3. Sven
      Fine

Sven Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/1999
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      I don't think there's any risk at all with ordinary flu shots. The hysteria and the rush of vaccine against the "swine flu" however did cause severe side effects in a few cases. A student of mine, for example, now has chronic narcolepsy.

Personally I never take flu shots for no other reason than the fact that I almost never get the flu. :)

4. dboy
      Jaded

dboy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2007 & 8/2013
      @Dr. Nagler it was not my intention to hound you from the thread and I apologise if it came across this way. Of course we do not have to agree, nor do we have to be afraid to debate our disagreement in an open and respectful way (as we did). It was only my intention to dispute the certainty with which you asserted the safety of the vaccine. And I acknowledge my own psychological baggage from being harmed previously by something that my doctor assured me would be safe.

I wish you well too & thanks for a lively discussion. :)

5. Dr. Nagler

Dr. Nagler Member Clinician Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1994
      No need to apologize, my friend. You didn't hound me from the thread.

My position here is a delicate one. Like everybody on Tinnitus Talk, I have tinnitus. By now I hope you realize that I have first hand experience with the true suffering (in every sense of the word) that severe intrusive tinnitus can visit upon a person and upon those who care about that person. In that sense I post on this board with equal footing as everyone else. On the other hand, my clinical credentials and reputation are such that - justifiably or not - many here pay just a bit more attention to my postings than the next person's. So in that sense (and only in that sense), my footing may not be so equal. And it is because of this latter reality that I tend to back out of threads rather than argue a point. For instance, I have made my position on this issue quite clear. Why push it? And why take the risk of antagonizing folks? That's not what support is about.

Dr. Stephen Nagler

• Like Like x 4
    6. dboy
      Jaded

dboy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2007 & 8/2013
      With apologies for reviving a thread that seems to have both served its purpose and generated some heated debate, I wanted to share the following documentary that I came across while researching probiotics and that I watched last night with my wife. If anyone chooses to watch it then it will take 90 minutes out of your life but I doubt you will regret it - especially if you have children. It is moving, thought-provoking and intelligently constructed. It is concerned primarily with vaccinations given to children, but contains much information that is relevant to the debate we had here (as does the accompanying article). The picture that emerges of the politics that surrounds this issue in the USA is worrying to say the least. The film gives a voice to those on both sides of the debate and also gives some of the science that tends to be ignored by mainstream sources.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2014/11/15/vaccine-safety-greater-good.aspx

7. SoulStation
      No Mood

SoulStation Member Ambassador

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise / Possible Medication
      Anybody getting there flu shots this year? I am thinking of getting one because I work with little kids some days of the week... But I haven't had the flu in years....
      Id like to hear opinions from tinnitus sufferers who have had the vaccination this year...
      Thank you

8. eric peterson
      Sporty

eric peterson Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Onset: 10/2003 Increase: 04/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      who knows? who cares?
      already got mine weeks ago.

9. SoulStation
      No Mood

SoulStation Member Ambassador

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise / Possible Medication
      Any other flu shot views/experiences from those with severe T ? Or moderate to severe?

10. Marlene
      English

Marlene Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      July 1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bacterial virus
      Soul Station ,had mine few weeks ago ,have one every year ,as I have autoimmune for last 10 years it's never interfered with the tinnitus some are wary of the jab ,but it's down to each of us to go with that gut feeling ,bit like meds I guess ,the older you get ,harder to get rid of flu ,plus it has a way of coming back for a second round .I get enough aches and pains at my age without adding more .

• Like Like x 1
    11. marqualler
      Nerdy

marqualler Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection / Mild Noise Induced Hearing Loss
      I've gotten flu vaccine multiple years in a row now (especially now with a toddler and baby at home.) I actually had my flu vaccine last year a week before my tinnitus started--whether coincidental or not, my sinus infection that triggered the ear infection that kicked my tinnitus off exploded a few days after getting the flu nasal shot (not the arm shot.) Not that I can confirm that the flu nasal shot contributed to the intensity of the sinus infection but this year I opted for the shot and had absolutely no tinnitus related issues with it.

• Informative Informative x 1
    12. jimH
      Caffeine

jimH Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      30 years+
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      I've been getting flu shots, while having moderate to loud T, for about 20 years. I've never experienced any reaction other than slight soreness around the area of the shot for a few hours. Additionally, there's never been any change in my T after getting a flu shot.

I already got this year's shot in Sept.

• Informative Informative x 1