Fluctuations Drive Me Crazy. I Think Tinnitus Is Fading for Good and Then It Comes Back.

Discussion in 'Support' started by Don Tinny, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Don Tinny

Don Tinny Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2017 (worsening)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud concert with ear plugs
      Fluctuations drive me crazy. I think it's fading for good and then it comes back.

I have to admit that after 1 year of my noise induced loud tinnitus (resurgence) I am experiencing stronger and maybe more good days but my bad severe days are still there.

This Monday was like “wow, it is lessening, I can live with this”. I expected Tuesday will be bad, but I woke up yesterday and the volume was OK and I was having another strong good day. I was happy to live my daughter`s birthday with a tolerable tinnitus level. But I accidentally fall asleep in the car (not driving of course) during 10 or 15 minutes and I woke up with severe tinnitus. The difference was day and night and was not about “perceptions”. So that short nap gave me a birthday celebration with loud ringing. That gave me guilty feelings, because I know that sleeping is like a switch for tinnitus volume. If you have it “good” you need to avoid sleeping during the day.

I don’t know what change in my brain. Hormones, Neurotransmitters, the neck, fluids… and there are not good doctors to find the cause of these fluctuations. My tinnitus does not seem to be somatic.

Need some feedback. Sorry about poor English.

Thanks.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
      • Good Question Good Question x 1
    2. Wolfears

Wolfears Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Jan 20/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely accoustic trauma
      This POS condition is simply too erratic to be able to figure out what's going on by using any amount of logic.

We should instead focus on finding what part of the brain is causing, triggering or maintaining it and burn it out with a precision laser strike.

Instead of playing it's little cat and mouse games and chasing our tails in 10 different directions, I'm suggesting the equivalent of finding it, killing it and burning it's house down.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Don Tinny

Don Tinny Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2017 (worsening)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      But how? Its not easy

4. coffee_girl
      Innocent

coffee_girl Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      All my life, but got worse 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced / Concert
      Hi there, it is normal for T to fluctuate during the first year... Mine went away then come back at least a hundred times in the first year. Take care of yourself and keep away from those headphones :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    5. Wolfears

Tinnitus Since:
      Jan 20/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I never said it would be easy, but we already have the technology.
      With the use of modern scanners, we now have the ability to virtually track it live as it unfolds...all we need to figure out os where to strike it, or disrupt it's communications.
      This way it would no longer matter what caused it...we could erase it permanently.
      This would be the step in the right direction.

The know how is out there...it has been out there for some time and we have the brain mapped out to the point where this could be possible.
      But someone needs to get on that, instead of trying to figure out it's elusive mechanism (which is nearly impossible because of all the inconsistencies).

6. MuffinMan
      Alienated

MuffinMan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      29/8/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown, started the moment I woke up from a nightmare.
      Same here, my sleep is like a “Switch” button for T; especially if I get an intense dream/nightmare then I get a huge spike.

Sometimes I am waking up on 5-6 am with a very low T, almost noticeable T but I am getting afraid to sleep again fearing that this may change it. Sometimes it’s the opposite, when I get a high T then I force myself to sleep more and sometimes this works well , sometimes it doesn’t.

7. Wolfears

Tinnitus Since:
      Jan 20/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      This is exactly what I mean by inconsistent.
      Some people have it loud when they first wake up and then it goes down.
      Some people can barely hear it in the morning and it ramps up the volume during the day.
      Some people have tinnitus that reacts to sound, with some people it stays the same.
      Some deaf people have tinnitus some don't.

Some people abuse their ears whole life and dont get tinnitus, while some always protect their ears and get it.

When they cut the autlditory nerve to a group of volunteers in the 90's, about 60% were cured of tinnitus, but the other 40% were not..why is that?
      Add all the inexplicable spikes, where the person has done nothing out of the ordinary and what you have is illogical, erratic mess that will never make sense on any level.
      This is why trying to understand it's mechanism is a waste of time.

Lets just burn the cocksucker out of the brain and focus all of the research into this instead!

8. another sean
      Studious

another sean Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Long duration of low audio
      Oh they will once they run out of designs for hearing aids :ROFL:....:cry:

• Funny Funny x 1
    9. BuzzyBee
      Bookworm

BuzzyBee Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not Sure
      @Don Tinny Mine fluctuates like crazy and I too am constantly wondering if it has something to do with hormones or neurotransmitters. Surely serotonin, dopamine and/or gaba are involved. You'd think there would be a psychiatrist or researcher out there who could figure this out, but nope! Maybe all the new advances in brain scanning will help them.

But I will send some empathy your way and say mine goes between a low level tinnitus that doesn't bother me (I can hear it now and it's no problem -- kind of relaxing, actually), but then goes loud like a faucet when I leave a quiet room or about 2 hours after I eat a meal. It also gets worse as the day progresses, so I think cortisol is involved.

So yeah, it's annoying when you think you are getting better because you have a good day or two and then it comes raging back full force.

• Like Like x 1
    10. MuffinMan
      Alienated

MuffinMan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      29/8/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      here’s my two audiograms:

IjH9e3R.jpg

CJZBYtb.jpg

Clearly there’s a dip at 4k at the right ear where I have T, doctors said it’s too mild and usually shouldn’t cause T but here I am, I don’t think it’s coincidence.

Yet on the same time, if I move my jaws left and right; or press on tmj the tonality changes, like a musical instrument lol.

11. Tinniger

Tinniger Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Uncertain, now very somatic, started with noise?
      Which explanations have experts and the whole tinnitus science community for the phenomenon of good days and bad days??

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    12. JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      No dude, listen to your doctor, you shouldnt have tinnitus therefore you dont.

• Funny Funny x 1
    13. Red
      Crappy

Red Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Exposure (Headphones)
      None, I don't think?
      Some people experience fluctuations, others not not really.
      Perhaps there are different types of tinnitus but no one's ever bothered with that.
      Maybe if we knew it would help us manage it better.

14. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Don Tinny

Don Tinny Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2017 (worsening)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      They probably think it is just stress, obsession or some think like that. That's sad

2 days ago I went walking to the supermarket and my T was really maskable. I know I have it but its not there or its in the background.
      Today its loud and audible in avenues and public offices.
      Tomorrow....I dont know. Probably my T will take a rest. But Im not sure

15. MuffinMan
      Alienated

MuffinMan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      29/8/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      lol

btw i meant to post that in the tmj thread, wrong thread.

• Like Like x 1
    16. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Don Tinny

Don Tinny Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2017 (worsening)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hi. How is your T now?

17. BuzzyBee
      Bookworm

BuzzyBee Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not Sure

It may be stress for you, but definitely not for me. I can be having a perfectly wonderful day and then the tinnitus will come out of nowhere. Also, stress would not explain the tinnitus coming on 2 hours after eating. Also, I've had mine for over two years (not that you asked).

18. PDodge
      Cowboy

PDodge Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bear ate my Cochlea
      My T fluctuates a lot to. The day is(for the most part) decided when I wake up. No one should have to deal with "good days" they should all be mf'ing good days!

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Funny Funny x 1
    19. Tinniger

Tinniger Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Uncertain, now very somatic, started with noise?
      I know that, too. !!

20. Kelvin

Kelvin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      June 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Dental Work
      Me too...if its bad when I wake it doesn't change until after the next sleep.
      I just think its weird as trying to work out 'why' is too difficult.
      I can cause temporary increases in H with certain noises but they dont last long.
      The baseline T and H are set at wake-up time...
      F*in marvelous.