Fluid in the Ear Since Tinnitus Onset

Discussion in 'Support' started by Rina, May 27, 2015.

1. Rina
      Energetic

Rina Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/18/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Really don't know
      has anyone had this? I just went to the doctor because my ringing is crazy today plus I have a lot of pain I. My ears teeth and jaw... Doctor says I still have fluid in the ears... I've taken a lot of things amoxicillin (twice) sudafed Zyrtec Flonase and Claritin... Fluid is persistent... Is this normal?

2. just1morething
      Benevolent

just1morething Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ disorder, airplane barotrauma, noise exposure.
      Sometimes the fluid takes up to a month to drain. Swallowing more could help. I had my eardrum 2/3rds full in 2008 from airplane barotrauma and it drained in about a month. One Dr. said I should have had it drained thru the eardrum and this would have prevented my tinnitus. Unsure on that. I took amoxicillin also.

Maybe a EarPopper would help but some here advise against using that. I have one.

3. Robert44

Robert44 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud concert
      Hi, just1morething, I already have T on my right side. Got and ear infection on the left. Took amoxicilian but now I have the fluid in there. Really bothersome. Also now I have the ringing on the left side I guess from the infection and the fluid in the ear. Really worried that the T on the left will not go away after the fluid drains. My ENT said he can drain it my making a tiny hole in the ear drum and drain it out. He acted like it's no big deal to do this. He said the ear drum will heal. Should I have it done so the fluid doesn't cause damage and Then I'll have T on the left side as well? I've had the fluid for about a week and a half. Thanks

4. just1morething
      Benevolent

just1morething Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ disorder, airplane barotrauma, noise exposure.
      Hi Robert, I'm not sure what to tell you on that. The eardrum will heal but there may be a tiny scar. I had it sloshing around like you after my airplane barotrauma. Maybe you could try a EarPopper first? Claritin-D and possibly Flonase could help too but a EarPopper would probably be the fastest way. Just remember some people think they can do harm! I don't think they do and you could ask a ENT about it first.

I may get a tube in my left ear as it may be plugged because that ear doesn't crack when I swallow which isn't normal for me anyway. Possibly ETD causing tinnitus?

5. Robert44

Robert44 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud concert
      Thanks for getting back to me! I appreciate it.