Flupirtine — Another Potassium Channel Opener

Discussion in 'Treatments' started by Mikel, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Kyxwz
      No Mood

Kyxwz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      x
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      x
      Hi! I tried corticosteroids (72H after acoustic trauma), hyperbaric room for 8 days (!!), Citicoline, tricortin, acetylcarnitine, Bromazepam, Clonazepam, duloxetine (ssri), nimodipine with ginko biloba supplements or vitamins, Nootropil (piracetam 1200), acetilcholine (delecit 600) but nothing worked on my T.
      I tried CAMPRAL for just a weeks buf for now i want suspend all and wait for a neurogical visit asking for trobalt.

I have a little hearing loss in left ear 6000 15db, 7000 40db, 8000 35 db and probably go up until 12000hz.
      So what do you think? That for me nothing could work because i have an hearing loss? :/

2. undecided
      Breezy

undecided Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown.
      @Kyxwz you are from Italia?
      Good luck finding flupirtine, I was on a trip there for some R&R.
      I asked in some pharmacies for Efiret (the Italian trade name for the substance, as far as I understand) and all of the employees gave me the empty look. They didn't know about it.
      After looking through their on-line system, they told me that it was not sold commercially in Italy anymore.
      I asked around in pharmacies in Venezia, Mestre and Verona.
      Or maybe I was just unlucky or looked suspicious :pompous: ... Or just plain old drunk from too much Spritz and bad pizza.

• Funny Funny x 1
    3. Kyxwz
      No Mood

Kyxwz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      x
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      x
      There is Trobalt for now that have minor side effects for a "non continue" teraphy. I will try it.

4. undecided
      Breezy

undecided Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown.
      Since I just HAD to get what I wanted, I made it my life's purpose (for a couple of days, anyway) to get some flupirtine. Well, sort of.
      So, I went to a shady eastern block online pharmacy and got my dope. Kinda inexpensive, too.

and_the_winner_is.jpg

Just had 200mg of the stuff on the right (in the above picture), and while I was having a pretty good day (hissing in left ear at 4/10), I'm sitting at a 2/10 right now... Effect seems kinda similar to Trobalt, without all the bad side effects... No tingling lips, no weird finger sensations, no sleepy time, no motor impairment, no slurred speech.

I guess this works for me. I'll try it again on a bad day, don't think I'll start a daily therapy.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    5. Poyraz

Poyraz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      February 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzos, Stress, Anxiety, Loud Music, Jaw Problems. Who knows
      Wow. I can not thank enough to you! I was just thinking to take Trobalt but I'm really afraid of because I got my Tinnitus from ototoxicity and my brain can react to such a strong drug. I hope my doctor would prescribe those.

Keep us posting. I can't wait to hear from you.

6. Mithrandir
      Ape-like

Mithrandir Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Shock Disorder (TTTS)
      Trobalt can't cause T

7. monacco

monacco Member

Tinnitus Since:
      29/09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      anknown
      Just had 200mg of the stuff on the right (in the above picture), and while I was having a pretty good day (hissing in left ear at 4/10), I'm sitting at a 2/10 right now... Effect seems kinda similar to Trobalt, without all the bad side effects... No tingling lips, no weird finger sensations, no sleepy time, no motor impairment, no slurred speech.

I guess this works for me. I'll try it again on a bad day, don't think I'll start a daily therapy.[/QUOTE]
      If really works like trobalt without side effect I will order a container of fulipirtine

• Like Like x 1
    8. Poyraz

Poyraz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      February 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I just read an article said this drug are about to be banned in Turkey. I hope I got it wrong.

9. Beste
      Disappointed

Beste Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/16/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo/Clonazepam, Stress
      Can I ask if it is as effective as Trobalt amd has less side effects why do people not tend to take it? It is not as famous as Trobalt in the forum.

10. monacco

monacco Member

Tinnitus Since:
      29/09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      anknown
      @undecided
      My doc could prescrib me all what I want ?is it available in all pharmacies?

11. Poyraz

Poyraz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      February 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Can we share your doctor?

12. monacco

monacco Member

Tinnitus Since:
      29/09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      anknown
      No sorry but I can send you a prescription

• Funny Funny x 1
    13. Kyxwz
      No Mood

Kyxwz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      x
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      x
      People, if you read the past post you can see that Trobalt "is bettere" because this drug:

"The most serious side effect is frequent hepatotoxicity which prompted regulatory agencies to issue several warnings and restrictions.[23][24]"

So if you use this just one for bad moments it's ok but you can't use this drugs for more than 4 weeks (for example).

• Like Like x 1
    14. undecided
      Breezy

undecided Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown.
      I don't know if its available where you live. Ask a pharmacy.

It's not a hardcore drug, not by a long shot. It is primarily used as a painkiller (albeit, with a very unique mechanism of action) and a safe muscle relaxant. I believe it is most common in Germany and eastern European countries.
      I bought it online from Russia, it is not available in Greece, where I live. No prescription required. But then again, one can buy benzos from Russia with no prescription... :giggle:

• Like Like x 1
    15. undecided
      Breezy

undecided Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown.
      Today a not so good day. I'd say a 4-5 out of 10. Irritated but could go about my day.

Had 200mg flup with breakfast.
      A bit similar effect to Trobalt this time. Having a bit of hard time writing this. Slight tingling on the lips. T down to a comfy 2 or 3/10 i'd say.
      The bad side effects are nowhere near as bad as Trobalt but the reduction in T is in the same ballpark.
      Conclusion so far: this is a useful drug to have around. I am considering ordering more.

• Informative Informative x 3
    16. Beste
      Disappointed

Beste Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/16/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo/Clonazepam, Stress
      Hi @1MW
      Can I ask do you still use this drug? I had my T from glutamate storm and this one looks like efficient for me.

17. Kyxwz
      No Mood

Kyxwz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      x
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      x
      Hi! So you use this drug when you want and this drug work immediatly like clonazepam? If so i will give it a try just for bad days.
      Side effect? Dizziness for example?

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    18. Beste
      Disappointed

Beste Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/16/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo/Clonazepam, Stress
      If this drug is effective in reducing tinnitus in mostly drug induced ones why do not they working on lessening the side effects of it so we can take it as long as we want?

I don't know guys, I feel we are really close to an efficient treatment there or here but something just going wrong. They do not pay attention to tinnitus in fact we are more than hundred millions people.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    19. Kyxwz
      No Mood

Kyxwz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      x
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      x
      Yep; but a big problem is to find standard classes of Tinnitus because probably there are more classes of Tinnitus;

Ah, i will try Fycompa, perampanel. But it's very expensive... and no warranties. But ... now or never.

20. Beste
      Disappointed

Beste Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/16/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo/Clonazepam, Stress
      Yes, that drug is also in my list but I need to collect some money to start my experiment. I wish SF0034 was already out. I know this safer retigabine will be the answer for most of us. I do not mean that it will be the cure, but it for sure will be a huge relief since its parent compound has already worked less or more for many people. And it is so strange to know that people who tried that drug got their Ts in different ways. The team behind the science of Trobalt is so close to reach a nobel. Till this will happen one day, we need to survive the day as much as possible.

• Like Like x 1
    21. undecided
      Breezy

undecided Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown.
      Define immediately...? Clonazepam, took maybe half an hour to kick in, but I've used it sporadically so I don't have an expert opinion on it.
      Flupirtine takes about 10-20 minutes to feel like its working (much like retigabine now that I think of it).
      But I believe these number only apply to me, your mileage may vary.

No particularly bad side effects. A mild, almost insignificant motor-impairment, but that's it. No dizziness or anything.
      Again, YMMV.

22. Kyxwz
      No Mood

Kyxwz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      x
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      x

Ok thank you! "Immediatly" for me means "not after some days or weeks (under the drug)". Sorry for my basic english, i will try to comunicate better.

Unfortunatly in Italy, the production has been stopped. Maybe I can find a box (I asked my aunt, she is a pharmacist). But the funtionality is probably similar to Trobalt.
      The one is to take Trobalt as an aspirin and hope that work.

23. Beste
      Disappointed

Beste Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/16/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo/Clonazepam, Stress
      This drug is banned in Turkey. I do not know why but who cares. I'll buy some from abroad.

• Like Like x 1
    24. undecided
      Breezy

undecided Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown.
      UPDATE: Just had 300mg, I opened the 3 flup capsules and emptied their contents in some orange juice (I hate eating gelatin capsules).
      Right now, after 10 minutes, I am at a 0.5/10 - plugging my ears, I hear an extremely faint, very distant hissing in my left and right ear, I think more in the left.
      Without plugging my ears, it's pretty much silence, except from some weird low head noise (or sensation, can't really tell), which is probably always there but covered by my usual tinnitus.
      This is really great.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 5
      • Like Like x 3
    25. Mithrandir
      Ape-like

Mithrandir Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Shock Disorder (TTTS)
      @undecided what is the normal rank of your T ? Good luck when you'll stop flupirtine :)

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    26. undecided
      Breezy

undecided Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown.
      I don't have a normal rank - a baseline so to say.
      My t fluctuates daily after my sleep. I can wake up to a 7/10 or a 3/10.
      I'd say that a 7/10 is the highest, 3/10 the lowest - I get some days at 2/10 if I'm extremely lucky.
      My t is quite reactive as well, so the annoyance is always a bit higher than the given rank.

• Like Like x 1
    27. undecided
      Breezy

undecided Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown.
      I might as well write a conclusion of my flup trial.
      I decided to go ahead and have a proper go at the drug:
      100mg in the morning, 200mg noon, 200mg or 300mg in the night, that is doing 500mg or 600mg per day (for about two weeks).

I can say that these two weeks have been peaceful, with a couple of 0.5/10 days, which I can pretty safely attribute to the flupirtine.
      However, the effect is temporary, as with Trobalt.
      No lasting effect - and I'm not going to maintain a 500mg/day dosage, I want my kidney.

100mg doesn't do much, 200mg you start to feel it, 300mg is almost silence for 2-3 hours or more.
      It lasts more that Trobalt, it does not impair a person like Trobalt does.
      Also, Trobalt left me a bit dumb even after its effect had worn off, this does not happen with flup.

All in all, an interesting drug. I've ordered some more for a rainy day (or two). Too scared of its long-term side effects.

28. Alue
      No Mood

Alue Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Trobalt left you dumb? Can you elaborate?
      The liver toxicity is an unacceptable side effect for flup for me.

29. undecided
      Breezy

undecided Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown.
      @Alue well it didn't leave me permanently dumb lol
      I felt a bit mentally sluggish (well, stupid) for 2-3 hours after a large dose (at least 300-400mg RTG).
      It didn't happen every time, I don't really know what triggered it. Trobalt was totally hit and miss for me.
      And when I built some tolerance it was pretty much miss all the time.

I remember one time, (in the early days of my trial) I had taken a benzo along Trobalt to see what would happen - for the next 10 minutes I was trying to figure out why I couldn't turn off the PC with the TV remote. Good times.

• Funny Funny x 2
    30. Pleasure_Paulie

Pleasure_Paulie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise or maybe... unicorns!
      I just tried this. I had 100mg before bed and 200mg in the morning.

No real side effects which is great; maybe I slept slightly deeper which is good. Not sure if it's made a difference to T but will report back. I might need to try a higher dosage though.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1