FOLD Hearing Aids — Research Article from France?

Discussion in 'Support' started by HalloweenScreamQueen, May 11, 2016.

1. HalloweenScreamQueen
      Cheerful

HalloweenScreamQueen Member

Tinnitus Since:
      I was about 12 YO
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Good morning all! I'm having a senior moment here and am hoping someone can jog my brain... in 2014-2015, I came across an article about a French study of a type of hearing aid referred to as a FOLD aid. It's not a brand, it's a descriptor of the aid itself. I can't remember the link for the article (or the author), or what FOLD stands for... Anyone else remember this article?? Cheers! Kelly.

2. JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      Sorry I couldn't find any information on FOLD aids or find out what it stands for but I figured I would post this just in case you wanted to look into it. This post talks about LOFT hearing aids which stands for Linear Octave Frequency Transposition. I know this isn't what you were looking for but I thought it might interest you.

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/thread...ng-term-tinnitus-suppression-hearing-aid.894/

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      HalloweenScreamQueen
      Cheerful

HalloweenScreamQueen Member

Tinnitus Since:
      I was about 12 YO
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      You are a mind reader Jason! That's exactly what I was looking for!

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    4. JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      Wow, that is fantastic! I remembered reading about it a while ago. I was thinking there might be a slight chance that was what you were talking about and if not I figured you might be interested in reading it :)