Found the Cause of My Pulsatile Tinnitus: Sigmoid Plate Dehiscence

Discussion in 'Support' started by Shygirl, Mar 31, 2022.

1. Shygirl

Shygirl Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sigmoid plate dehiscence
      My pulsatile tinnitus in my right ear is caused by sigmoid plate dehiscence.

I have had terrible pulsatile tinnitus for almost two months. I had impacted earwax that was removed. I thought the wax was the cause, but the pulsatile tinnitus came back.

I went to the emergency room because I was having a hard time and feeling weak and dizzy. I thought I had a tumor. They did a CAT and they diagnosed me with sigmoid plate dehiscence. It can be corrected with surgery.

I don't have insurance, and I can't get insurance until open enrollment because this is a pre existing condition. I applied for Medicaid. I hope I can get approved.

I hope this info helps someone. Keep your head up!

Keep me in your prayers. I will keep y'all in mine.

• Hug Hug x 5
    2. Forever hopeful
      Disappointed

Forever hopeful Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2015 resolved, 4/20 L ear, increase 2/21
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      2015,noise,2020-21 SNHL
      If you are in the US, no insurance company can deny you based on a preexisting condition. That is part of the ACA - Accountable Care Act.

Hope things work out.

3. RAlex

RAlex Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      What a relief! Glad you have some competent doctor recognize it. Even if you can’t get it fixed right away, just knowing that there is light at the end of the tunnel is worth celebrating. Even if you get Medicaid for now, put a ton of research into all the insurance plans that are available and EXACTLY what and how much they cover. As you seem to have recognized already, not all is as it seems. They promise a lot up front and then can leave you hanging. All surgeries have risks and there could always be complications which would cost even more than the initial surgery. So take the time now to research so you get the right plan.

Hang in there and please update us if and when you get the surgery. Wishing you the best!

4. in_LA

in_LA Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      Were you able to get it fixed?