Frequency Therapeutics — Hearing Loss Regeneration

Discussion in 'Research News' started by RB2014, Dec 8, 2016.

1. Lucifer

Lucifer Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      -
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      -
      I think they will disclose about tinnitus in March since it was tested so can’t wait for that. The long wait is killing me.

• Agree Agree x 3
    2. Princebeyel
      Depressed

Princebeyel Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otoxin
      The upside would be helping the millions of people suffering from hearing loss IMO. Isolation and not wanting to live anymore.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    3. tommyd87

tommyd87 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      tmj music
      The fact of the matter is that they need to go to phase 3 regardless of whether they want to grant compassionate use or not since the FDA requires this. Therefore I agree that it is too challenging to rule things in or out based on this commentary from Christopher Loose.

• Agree Agree x 2
    4. dan
      Chatty

dan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      3 months in, you want compassionate use already? :p joking.

5. Bill Arsenault

Bill Arsenault Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Permanent/Highly intrusive since 2017.
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Over Exposure. Worsened by ototoxic Street Drugs/Meds.
      Probably self-evident.

But I hope it does not hurt to remind people that even if this drug has some effect on tinnitus that everyone will more than likely have vastly different experiences
      relative to what it does for their ears -
      at every severity level and at both ends of the recovery spectrum.

I have to say that I very much like the thought of it ending up being either better for tinnitus and for the hyperacusis sufferers than it is for anything else or for it to at least be the direct pre-cursor to a treatment specifically for tinnitus.

Almost impossible to imagine that this all goes nowhere for tinnitus sufferer s-
      My tummy is getting sick just thinking about that prospect.
      This thread is actually terrifying sometimes.

Hope everyone enjoys the Holiday.

• Agree Agree x 5
    6. Jack V

Jack V Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2020
      Success with hearing loss IS success with tinnitus...

• Agree Agree x 5
      • Like Like x 4
    7. Diesel

Diesel Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      1-2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      20+ Years of Live Music, Motorcycles, and Power Tools
      Compassionate use isn't intended to treat millions of people. The volume of demand would be unmanageable, and maybe unprofitable, and potentially a liability for Frequency Therapeutics. Helping millions with a mass-volume product is what the final, FDA approved product is intended to do.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    8. tommyd87

tommyd87 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      tmj music
      Isn’t this what the Promising Pathway legislation is supposed to enable though? The companies get certainty that the medicine will most likely pass FDA requirements and consumers can obtain use of the medicine early?

9. Diesel

Tinnitus Since:
      1-2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Promising Pathway Act, YES. It would allow for provisional approval of drugs that show high efficacy and favorable safety; as long as there is a plan by the sponsor to continue a Phase 3 + Application for approval over (I believe) the next 5 years. We can assume FX-322 has a favorable safety profile, as the Phase 2A has not been halted; and hopefully the efficacy from the Phase 1/2 is retained or improves.

HOWEVER: That is a bill currently sitting in a dysfunctional US legislature, particularly the Senate. So, it won't even move to the current President's desk until after Jan 20, 2021. Even then, this bill may not be a priority of the Biden administration for any time in 2021. Even if it were signed into law given all the other priorities, I don't expect its impact to hit the FDA and current trials until 2022. By then, FX-322 may already be in Phase 3, so it seems pointless to hang our hats on Promising Pathways.

Breakthrough Status in 2021 is by-far the best option to maximize the speed for FX-322 to hit the market.

• Agree Agree x 5
    10. Lucifer

Tinnitus Since:
      -
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      -
      Wouldn’t someone like Biden want to allow the Promising Pathway Act to be implemented especially to speed up the process for something like a COVID-19 vaccine and other vaccines for terminal conditions etc?

11. Diesel

Tinnitus Since:
      1-2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Biden might. His current comments have been on vaccine manufacturing/distribution; which the FDA is giving emergency authorization for already. Promising Pathway might apply to treatments in the pipeline for those that are currently ill, but cannot receive a vaccine.

I don't see a Senate led by McConnell being helpful at all, which is really the core blocker to the bill in legislation.

• Agree Agree x 1
    12. Lucifer

Tinnitus Since:
      -
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      -
      Has this bill been proposed before and been blocked by Republicans in the US Senate?

13. Gorbeh3

Gorbeh3 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hearing Loss
      • Like Like x 1
    14. Born To Slay
      Depressed

Born To Slay Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud concert
      Ya know guys, this bill would need 60 votes to pass. So regardless of whether the Dems or GOP wins the Senate in January, it’s going to have to be bipartisan.

• Agree Agree x 4
    15. Street Novelist
      Depressed

Street Novelist Member

Tinnitus Since:
      February 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Listening to loud music through headphones
      I think our best bet is to hope for the Phase 3/Pivotal trial to start next year. I doubt we will see compassionate use. But if you can get in to the next trial, you are almost guaranteed the drug, without having to pay for it.

• Like Like x 2
    16. Lucifer

Tinnitus Since:
      -
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      -
      The likelihood of any Tinnitus Talk member getting into the Phase 3 clinical trials is quite low. The only reason why someone would want compassionate use is because the clinical trials won’t let them participate due to their criteria.

The people that should be getting FX-322 for compassionate use are those who suffer from hyperacusis or reactive tinnitus.

• Agree Agree x 3
    17. Born To Slay
      Depressed

Born To Slay Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud concert
      I think the real best bet is if it gets Breakthrough Therapy status and comes to market after Phase 2A is complete.

• Agree Agree x 5
      • Like Like x 2
    18. tommyd87

tommyd87 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      tmj music
      From what I remember from the post a few pages back where someone contacted their Senators to provide support for this bill, one was actually a Republican Senator from Indiana. I think that this bill probably would have bipartisan support. I can’t see the Democrats under Biden rejecting positive and favourable health laws, especially with their position on COVID-19. Furthermore, I think that it is unlikely that you would not find around a dozen Republican senators to support this either.

• Agree Agree x 1
    19. Princebeyel
      Depressed

Princebeyel Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otoxin
      I thought about getting into the severe hearing loss FX-322 trial. However, my concern is if I do, I won’t be able to get into the future study which will give more shots of the FX-322 which I’m almost certain will be needed.

Any thoughts? I fear this because an exclusion of the criteria says no previous participants.

Also I don’t mind paying for it. Whatever the cost, I just want my life back.

• Agree Agree x 1
    20. sssing

sssing Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      cold
      Sorry, I’m not sure what you mean?

21. Jack V

Jack V Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2020
      I would think the bigger concern is, assuming FX-322 works, you're not sure you're getting the drug or a placebo.

Personally, I think I'd try to get in an earlier trial, hope I get the drug, hope the drug works, and see if it gives me *some* relief. And if it did, I'd know that eventually I'd have access to additional shots once the drug is released.

However, there are so many unknowns in trying to figure it out, I might just toss a coin. :dunno:

22. frpp

frpp Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Tmj, Nihl, ototoxic drugs, nerve/ vascular issues
      I can't see any sane politician not supporting this bill. If something has the ability to universally help people's health it shouldn't be a debate, it should be unanimous, period.

• Agree Agree x 2
    23. NewLionel

NewLionel Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      headphones
      It should be unanimous but maybe someone might hold the passing of it hostage to allow for fracking in the Grand Canyon or something.

• Agree Agree x 2
    24. TrevorSanders

TrevorSanders Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Exposure/Ototoxic Medication
      They’ll find some way to make this a bipartisian issue.

• Agree Agree x 4
    25. Lucifer

Tinnitus Since:
      -
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      -
      I hope this is still possible as this is the best chance that all of us can get FX-322. Since they sped up the process on getting the COVID-19 vaccine out; I hope they consider releasing FX-322 ASAP.

• Agree Agree x 1
    26. Diesel

Tinnitus Since:
      1-2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      From the FDA website on Breakthrough Therapy Designation:

“Breakthrough therapy designation is intended to expedite the development and review of drugs for serious or life-threatening conditions. The criteria for breakthrough therapy designation require preliminary clinical evidence that demonstrates the drug may have substantial improvement on at least one clinically significant endpoint over available therapy.”

A serious condition...
      Hearing loss is considered a serious condition by the FDA.

Significant improvement...
      FX-322 has already shown significant improvements over “available therapy” at one clinically significant endpoint in the Phase 1/2: Word score.

So, in my opinion, it’s already met the requirements, the Phase 2A data should just make it more convincing.

• Agree Agree x 5
    27. NewLionel

NewLionel Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      headphones
      If it works, then it will make money, then it will get released quickly. Companies and politicians both love money. I also love money but I would love new/fixed ears more.

• Agree Agree x 2
    28. dan
      Chatty

dan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Seriously are you comparing COVID-19 to tinnitus in terms of world caring about tinnitus?

• Good Question Good Question x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    29. Koz
      Dreaming

Koz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unilateral sensorineural hearing loss
      My own concern is trying to keep my hearing loss in the moderately severe to severe range until this thing comes out (provided it works) and not having it slip into profound which is when there's not enough support cells for FX-322 to work.

I am doing everything I can to protect my hearing (something I started doing way too late), however, there's a finite level of control one can have after initial damage anyway and at the stage I'm at as well.

It's great there are other things potentially coming for profound cases but I'd really rather not slip into the profound range and for this drug to work and I don't have to wait for other things.

What I am also hopeful about is that if I do slip into profound in some ranges then this drug would still work and fix these profound ranges/frequencies based on the others that are still in severe ranges.

• Informative Informative x 1
    30. Lucifer

Tinnitus Since:
      -
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      -
      I would expect that since they sped up the process of getting the COVID-19 vaccine to come out that they show some leniency on getting other drugs that will help with terminal illness or life altering conditions as long as it has been shown to be safe and effective.

The world will never care about tinnitus till more people talk about the severity of these issues. From what Covid-19 has done, some people have gotten tinnitus from it and they will be suffering too. I hope FX-322 and other drugs still currently in clinical trials to be released ASAP to cure our conditions.

• Agree Agree x 12
      • Like Like x 1