Frequency Therapeutics — Hearing Loss Regeneration

Discussion in 'Research News' started by RB2014, Dec 8, 2016.

1. Geatly

Geatly Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced, by jackhammering into concrete on constructio
      I really would love to buy their stock, but since I am from Slovakia, I can't find a webpage or broker, or anything where can I buy. I am not doing it for money, to be honest, I just want to put my trust in them.

2. blamingeverything

blamingeverything Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      high frequency hearing loss
      I’m guessing they might have secured additional funding. Though positive trial results could be it. If the price sticks, we will know it’s more than a good news pump.

3. Chad Lawton

Chad Lawton Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/19/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Possible Ototoxicity + Noise Exposure
      As much as I'd love to believe it is this first one, it seems highly unlikely it would be either of the 2 suggestions. Volume of shares traded was 20x what it normally is so this would indicate that it's likely either hedge funds or a group of retail investors/day traders like wallstreetbets having their fun with it. There was little reason for it to fall from $5 to $1.25 over the last couple months so it doesn't need much reason to go back up as well.

Granted, maybe I'm completely wrong and they release some good news in the coming days but I personally don't think that will be the case.

• Informative Informative x 1
    4. Padraigh Griffin

Padraigh Griffin Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown/Stress
      It's pity projects like this are unavailable to the common investor. If this was a DeFi project I'm sure many of us would gladly contribute our hard earned cash. Buying stock now is not supportive. If we could give them new funding it would be far more beneficial. Hopefully in the future the ordinary person can participate in fundraisers. In fact in crypto it is easy now, but not for a company that needs this kind of cash. If everyone who suffers from hearing loss could contribute €1,000 if they can afford it, we would have a treatment far faster.

As I pointed out to much abuse, Wall St. doesn't give a damn about the moral benefits.

It unfortunately is all about the $.

Frequency Therapeutics looks goosed from a funding perspective unfortunately.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    5. Ed209

Ed209 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      The problem I have with this reasoning is that just about everybody has hearing loss in those upper frequencies, so testing and finding hearing loss there doesn’t really tell us all that much (although, I’d still prefer it if they did). You will find a minefield of people with varying degrees of hearing loss (both in a traditional audiogram up to 8 kHz and those who only show upper losses), and those who have tinnitus as a symptom.

You are only getting an extra octave’s worth of information for the average person by including the higher frequencies (depending on age, of course) because most 30 odd year-olds can only hear up to around 16 kHz. It should be expected that everyone will have damage of some kind, though, unless they are small children or something.

The crux of this argument cannot be settled until the hypothesis is put to the test, and that can’t happen until someone manages to restore hearing loss so we can see what happens. Both sides have well thought out ideas of what could be happening to cause it.

• Like Like x 1
    6. ploughna

ploughna Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      motor racing and power tools
      In their April corp. presentation, they do mention cash to see them into 2024 - I thought they had said 2023 previously? Result of recent actions and/or some additional funding?

upload_2022-4-19_10-48-30.png

• Like Like x 3
      • Agree Agree x 1
    7. GlennS

GlennS Member Podcast Patron Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      That MIT article about hearing regeneration is circulating around on Google news in one shape or form or another almost like the algorithm has been gamed into viral status.

• Like Like x 3
      • Agree Agree x 1
    8. Chad Lawton

Chad Lawton Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/19/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Likely a combination of the recent layoffs and time passing as we get closer to 2024 so they can more accurately estimate spending. It's unlikely they've secured additional financing as they would have disclosed if they did.

9. dbeats

dbeats Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      I get the impression that their drugs are well developed already, so surely part of the lay-offs were redundant staff?

• Useful Useful x 1
    10. Chad Lawton

Chad Lawton Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/19/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Pretty much. They trimmed the fat where they could in order to get their cash pile to last longer.

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 2
    11. Joeseph Stope
      Innocent

Joeseph Stope Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise? infection? negative stress? other?
      A thought struck me the other day, so no harm in sharing my unscientific mind with someone of a finance background.

The Liberman study of hidden hearing loss seemed to bring out the hope that restoring the cochlea's higher frequencies might be of benefit to hearing-in-noise tests and perhaps also to alleviating tinnitus.

But in the experiment of March this year one of the reasons explained for the non-success was that FX-322 only penetrated the cochlea to the region of (correct me if I'm wrong) 8,000 Hz.

But surely this would have been more than enough to provide therapy to the upper regions of the hearing frequency scale and to cure any hidden hearing loss. No?

I'm sure the financial heavy-hitters are top-heavy into the research findings. Well wouldn't you if you had parked a few million in a company's stock.

What am I on about at all? Well a man's got a mind and sometimes he gets a notion.

• Useful Useful x 1
    12. Padraigh Griffin

Padraigh Griffin Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown/Stress
      That is enough cash to see them through the end of 2023. Same as before. Hopefully FX-345 is a blockbuster.

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Like Like x 1
      • Genius Genius x 1
    13. Diesel

Diesel Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      1-2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      20+ Years of Live Music, Motorcycles, and Power Tools
      Correct. They revised the cash availability into 2024. Could this have been the reason for some of the stock price recovering? Possibly one of them. Could also be the MIT article that has been pretty hot the past few days on social media.

In my opinion, it was a good move to reduce staff and keep cash available to move their 3 drug pipeline as far as they can. They may have given themselves up to another 6-months of reserves.

• Like Like x 4
    14. Cernuto
      Spaced

Cernuto Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      • Useful Useful x 2
      • Like Like x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    15. GlennS

GlennS Member Podcast Patron Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      Seems like FREQ is spending more time on marketing than R&D these days.

• Like Like x 1
      • Good Question Good Question x 1
    16. Geatly

Geatly Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Marketing is important thing these days + it's important to explain people how does it work etc. They anyway can't do much in public domain right now, since they are in clinical trials with FX-322 and FX-345 going in clinical trials in autumn, so I don't know what do you expect them to do? I bet their scientists work on a daily basis on new formulas etc.

• Agree Agree x 4
    17. scotty03874

scotty03874 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Slap to the ear / Leading to more issues
      I just bought $7500 worth of FREQ. I hope they have good news and the stock spikes back up to $25 range. You never know.

When is the reporting of the NEW Phase 2a study coming out?

• Like Like x 6
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    18. Chad Lawton

Chad Lawton Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/19/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Nice, hold on to it for a couple of years and I think you will be nicely rewarded. New Phase 2 results are due Q4 of this year or Q1 of next year. In the meantime, we have FX-345 IND filing and initiation of that Phase 1 trial as well, hopefully in Q3, with results expected in the first half of next year.

• Like Like x 4
    19. scotty03874

scotty03874 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Slap to the ear / Leading to more issues
      If the NEW Phase 2a results are positive, this could easily jump up to $20. I have 10,000 shares currently... more hoping for the hearing improvement results than the money by farrrrr!

• Like Like x 3
    20. Geatly

Geatly Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I wish I could buy shares somewhere, but since I am from fcking Slovakia, can't find a broker for FREQ.

21. Mentos

Mentos Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced, loud rock concert
      I’m in Poland and I managed to buy via Polish banking. You should be able to find one operating on NY stock market.

• Agree Agree x 1
    22. Chad Lawton

Chad Lawton Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/19/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Very nice! I've got 20,000 shares myself. I look at it as it's either going to make me a lot of money by going back to $30+ or it's going to 0 and I get a nice tax write off for a decade lol. I do fear that even if Phase 2b results are positive that the market may have a muted response to it as the space isn't very well understood. OTIC recently released some early data for OTO-413 that was positive and the stock barely moved. But if we can land positive results for FX-345 and FREQ-162, then we should be sitting pretty good.

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Useful Useful x 1
    23. djdavid

djdavid Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1 year
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Please be careful when investing in a stock like this. The reason for the 42% rise is probably that the stock is heavily shorted. When the stock spikes like this, it's very likely to be because the shorters took profits on the shorts (essentially buying the stock). This is extremely speculative, only speculate what you can afford to lose. The stock is down 97% from the high but that doesn't mean that it couldn't go down more. Traders will play these games again and again.

• Agree Agree x 2
    24. Eliot Martin

Eliot Martin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Medications
      freq.png

Can someone please explain how the 5 subjects in the image above started to lose the benefits from FX-322 after only a couple of years? From what I know, it takes tens of years for someone to start losing hair cells even if exposed to high levels of noise. Can anyone intelligent explain?

• Good Question Good Question x 2
    25. dbeats

dbeats Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      This is incorrect. Outer hair cells are extremely delicate, and NIHL is indeed caused by exposure to loud noises over time, but also from very loud short sounds such as gunshots. We're not talking tens of years, we're talking seconds, minutes, and hours depending on the sound pressure level.

26. Eliot Martin

Eliot Martin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Medications
      But why did ALL of them start to LOSE those gains? Just asking out of curiosity.

• Good Question Good Question x 2
    27. Diesel

Diesel Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      1-2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      20+ Years of Live Music, Motorcycles, and Power Tools
      I suspect it was because the entire 15k hair cells weren't restored. So, the new ones are there, but existing hair cells deeper in the cochlea that still are aged/damage still continued to wear, causing a loss in hearing. Or, the regenerated hair cells just aren't as good/complete as the original equipment.

• Winner Winner x 1
    28. Eliot Martin

Eliot Martin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Medications
      Well, if the hair cells are weaker, then they should stop this PCA nonsense and let the grand daddy of inner ear disorders (which is Otonomy) do the job for them! We don't want weak hair cells!

• Funny Funny x 1
    29. dbeats

dbeats Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      It's all speculation. These are businesses trying to deliver a product into a market where there are no current therapeutic options. Stop acting entitled.

• Agree Agree x 1
    30. Geatly

Geatly Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Nobody really knows what is reason behind it, if it is happening at all, maybe it's not, and there is another reason behind it.