Fresh Off a Visit to the ER :(

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by swg, Nov 7, 2017.

1. swg

swg Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      So my tinnitus coincides with the worst day of my life--being diagnosed with breast cancer. I had a UTI and decided to get an unusual dimple on my breast checked out at the same time. The dr gave me Bactrim for the UTI, because the Macrobid I had taken before didn't get rid of it. I didn't want Bactrim. I'd read enough about bad side effects, but he said I'd taken Macrobid in the last 30 days and couldn't again.

After 3 days of Bactrim, I felt awful. Blurry vision, bumps on my skin, and that's when the ringing in the ear started..so I associate it with that.

Not long afterwards, I was diagnosed with breast cancer.

Dealing with a cancer diagnosis has been 1000 times harder with this awful ringing in my ears all the time.
      I'm running to drs to get treated for the cancer; meanwhile running to a different set of drs to figure out what to do about the tinnitus.

Last night, it was so bad..I woke up at 3a feeling nauseous. Got dizzy and almost passsed out. Called 9-1-1.

Went to the hospital. They checked my blood, blood sugar..gave me an EKG..all normal. Checked inside my ear. They offered to give me a CT scan, but I dunno..I didn't want any extra radiation.

I now have an appt with a neurologist on the 14th. I wish it were sooner. I'm hoping he can order an MRI and narrow the causes down. It's driving me nuts.

Of course, when you have cancer, every ailment becomes cancer. So now I'm worried I have brain metastasis on top of everything else.

I also have cervical radiculopathy from a car accident, and it's occurred to me maybe the tinnitus is related to my pinched neck nerves, as I do have nerve damage from that.

My other ongoing symptoms are, visual disturbance..twitching in lips, chin sometimes (which may or may not be related). Pressure behind my eye.

thx for any help you can give.

• Hug Hug x 6
      • Good Question Good Question x 1
    2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      swg

swg Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I also forgot to mention, I was given prescriptions for an anti-vertigo and an anti-nausea drug from the ER.

3. jimH
      Caffeine

jimH Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      30 years+
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma

@swg,

After reading all that you have been going through, I am at a loss to think of anything that I could write that could actually help or comfort you. It's just that you're going through so much simultaneously!

What I can do is post in your thread so that it will be more visible again under "New Replies." Perhaps then you'll get additional responses that will be helpful.

We have many people here that are much better than I am as to what to suggest and say to someone in your position. There are a number of other forum members, like yourself, that are suffering with other afflictions in addition to their Tinnitus.

I'm hoping that you'll hear from some of them soon.

Good Luck to you!

4. Scared111

Scared111 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I am so sorry you have to go thru this. Did you start on the chemo therapy? Many chemo drugs can cause tinnitus as well. Or make it worse so you might want to ask the dr about that. I hope you recover soon!

5. obutterfly
      Surrender

obutterfly Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      probably Wellbutrin
      Dear swg, Prayers are coming your way for all you are going through. Breast cancer is a terrible ordeal, but many people recover from this. I've been reading that tinnitus isn't always forever either. Let's hope the saying, "this too shall pass," applies to what you are going through. In the meantime, surround yourself with the best doctors and support people you can find, and keep on posting here to keep us up to date on your progress. You are going to make it to the other side of this. I just know it.

6. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      I am so sorry, that you are dealing with this..all at the same time. My heart breaks for you, having to juggle new tinnitus and dealing with cancer as well. Hope all works out for you and your family...I'll be thinking of you and a speedy recovery :)

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1