Frustrated

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by John Off, Dec 24, 2014.

1. John Off

John Off Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2007
      I have had tinnitus for 7 years, and I finally got to the point where I could go an entire day without hearing or sensing anything ( except when I woke up). A few minutes of music a little too loud, and now I have lost ground. It's back....not as loudly as the beginning, but back nonetheless. I am really mad at myself for letting my guard down. I have cut caffeine, work out more, stay away from salt, and it seemed to have done some good. Until now... Stupid move on my part.

2. James Brown
      Sporty

James Brown Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09-1998 2013(worst)2018 (T+H)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposition-noise trauma-siren
      I have tinnitus for 16 years and when I was perfectly adjusted to my T a party balloon exploded close to my ear increasing the sound about 5 times. One second and my life had another setback. What should we do? Life sometimes can be very hard.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      John Off

John Off Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2007
      James, did you get back to where you were initially before the set-back? I found what one of the docs said to be true, but very hard to do.....don't think about it. It used to infuriate me when someone told me that, but that's how I came to grips with it before, and how I hopefully can again. I will try to let life get in the way and distract me from my condition. It sounds simplistic and optimistic, but if it worked once, I guess it can again, right? Thank for the input.

4. James Brown
      Sporty

James Brown Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09-1998 2013(worst)2018 (T+H)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposition-noise trauma-siren
      My T started from level 1 and increased occasionally 3 or 4 times until reach level 3 in the good days and 5 on the bad. After 10 years just stabilized in a 3 with low H also. After the incident it increased to a 9 in bad days and a 7/8 in good. I also developed reactive T and sometimes H in high scale. In this days I have to avoid crowded places like shopping. After 10 years it was like wearing glasses. I knew it was there but I spent weeks without thinking about it. My wife never knew I had this until that stupid accident, so you can see I was perfectly adjusted.

5. uncle vikin
      Musical

uncle vikin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Subjective tinnitus r ear cause ( unknown)
      I believe it is all nerve related in different ways damage ,stress,chemically whatever the case there are to many connections in the brain something goes off course and it triggers T in some way.Similar to the universe they will never know everything about it just micro parts about it .But mabe they will figure out enough to help some of us.