General Update and Question Regarding Stem Cell Treatments

Discussion in 'Support' started by missingsilence, Jun 4, 2018.

1. missingsilence
      Depressed

missingsilence Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who am I kidding, its got to be noise :/
      Hi everyone! Hope you are doing ok.

It's been a while since I have posted. I went back and tried my best to live a normal life this past year. I'm back in college and doing my best to finish. It hasn't been a good year, a few months back I was diagnosed with another incurable condition affecting my vision, one that if left untreated will leave me blind over time. Glaucoma at age 21. I am grateful to have caught it fairly early on, yet the drops are causing me terrible headaches.

In summary, with the combination of my tinnitus, combined with jaw tension, headaches, ear fullness, along with my visual snow, I feel quite uncomfortable in my body.

As a last resort I have been preparing myself for a potential stem cell treatment using autologous stem cells. I will be having another consultation about this soon and I was wondering what questions you would ask your doctor in such a case?

Thanks for your time!

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      HI @missingsilence

You have been through so much and continue to do so. I am sorry to hear about the Glaucoma but pleased that that it has been found early. I know someone that has the condition and the drops help a lot, so please continue with them and hopefully the headaches will reduce in time. You have done very well to be able to continue with your studies and coping with your medical conditions.

You are a strong person and I wish you all the best for the future.
      Take care
      Michael

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      missingsilence
      Depressed

missingsilence Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who am I kidding, its got to be noise :/
      Thank you for the kind words Michael. I am continuing with the drops, trying to keep it together and actively looking for additional solutions to all of this.

• Hug Hug x 1