Giving Something Back

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by IreneO, Apr 22, 2016.

1. IreneO
      Procrastinating

IreneO Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2014 (mild), 03/15 (severe)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Head trauma, then acoustic trauma, then more acoustic trauma
      Hello,

Just over a year since my T onset and I've decided to de-lurk and try to give something back to the community here. As you all know, it's a bleak outlook when you first realise you've got tinnitus and you feel very alone and scared. Visiting this forum, particularly the research news and discussions, has helped me enormously and I'm grateful to everyone who puts time and effort into this thing. Supports like this are MUCH needed. At this stage I can (cautiously) say I'm over the worst of the habituation process. It's not over yet and there are still ups and downs, but I've pretty much got my life back in a way I wouldn't have thought possible a year ago.

I think the next few years will see some real developments in treatments for tinnitus, and we must certainly do what we can to advocate for more and better research ... But in the meantime, we must learn to live with this thing. I'm just adding my voice to the many people on here who say that it *is* possible to live with T and continue to go about all (or nearly all) the things that make up your life and even (careful now) feel happiness. For now, that's good enough for me.

Wishing everyone an excellent weekend ... :beeranimation:

• Hug Hug x 2
      • Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1