Going Back to the ENT...Wondering About Tests

Discussion in 'Support' started by Brittany, Feb 19, 2015.

1. Brittany
      Anime

Brittany Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sinus Infection?
      Made an appointment yesterday with the ENT...I'll be returning the 26th and this time he said he wants to give me a hearing test. I'm a bit paranoid about it though; I'm concerned I may have hearing loss but on the other hand I'm not sure what steps to take if I have no hearing loss. What other tests should I have done? I'm thinking I need a sinus MRI (I forget what it's called) because I don't think I ever got over the sinus infection (I'm starting to get sick again too >.<). I was told to get an MRI, which I'm planning on doing soon as well. I just really want to get what caused my T solved if I can :) Thanks~

2. MikeS
      Mellow

MikeS Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Car accident
      Do you still have fluid in your ears? That seemed like a possible culprit.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Brittany
      Anime

Brittany Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sinus Infection?
      At my previous appointment almost 3 weeks ago he said there was some but said that it might be draining. Didn't have ear pain but do now + a recurring cold (grr -.-) so I'm thinking that I may have an ear infection this time around. Just can't escape the sickness haha xD

4. Mo_Mo

Mo_Mo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      25/11/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown, Started A Week After A Cold
      @Brittany, the complete tests you should take with an ENT to check if you have any hearing loss is an audio test up to 16Khz, furthermore you can ask to get an OAE test done to check the strength of the Hair cells, hence a TEOAE and DPOAE test, there I also an ABR test that you can conduct.
      Other tests can you can conduct are CT Scan, MRI.
      also other tests not related to the ears would be an EEG, and TMJ/TMD tests