Going on 35 Years

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Mustangs81, Sep 2, 2015.

1. Mustangs81

Mustangs81 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/1985
      For 35 years I have had buzzing (like an electrical buzz) non-stop in one ear without one nano-second of relief. I can even hear the buzzing when on an airplane. 3 years ago tinnitus started in the other ear; this is a clicking noise but not as loud or constant as in the other ear. Like most of the population, my husband doesn't get it. I don't discuss it with many people, maybe a mention in passing, but they don't get the implications of tinnitus so I was glad to see this forum.

I know that there are so many frauds and scams out there but, as you all know, I am desperate. I bought the TINNITUS TERMINATOR sound therapy. I am on day 21 of a 30 day 15 minute a day program. I know it won't work, but I had to give it a try.

2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome. You live with tinnitus that long and that itself is quite an achievement. If I had encountered your post 6 years back when I was new and desperate with T, wondering if I could survive T long term, I would have considered your case as a positive for me. It proves T doesn't have to drive one insane or doing the unthinkable. Saying that, I understand the feeling there, and while struggling we tend to fall for some desperate measures even though the chance if success is not high. It is one way to keep our hope high.

For sound modulation therapy, you can check out these links as you can probably do it yourself free, and you can search TT with ACRN and read the threads:

Acoustic Coordinated Reset Neuromodulation (ACRN):

http://www.tinnitus.org.uk/acoustic-cr-neuromodulation

Also, check out @generalfuzz's ACRN site:

http://www.generalfuzz.net/acrn/

• Like Like x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mustangs81

Mustangs81 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/1985
      Thank you Billie...for the welcome and the informational websites.

4. Sailboardman
      Frustrated

Sailboardman Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/21/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sensorineural hearing loss right ear.
      35 years with T! I sure wish I had your fortitude. Sorry it attacked your other ear. That's just not fair.