Going on vacation

Discussion in 'Support' started by Mpt, Sep 15, 2014.

1. Mpt

Mpt Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      Hey Everyone,

I just wanted to let everyone know that starting this Wednesday I'm going to be "offline" for about 3 weeks. I have a cousin who is termanally ill, but is currently in pretty good shape physically and he wants to go hiking on the Appalachian Trail (a mountain trail here in the states) with a few close friends and family while he still can. I'm going to go and as we will be in the middle of the wilderness most of the time I won't have access to the forum. I just wanted to write this so none of you think I quit posting for other reasons. I have received several questions regarding retigabine, I'm going to continue my taper on the trip, I'm down to 600mg a day now with no increases in tinnitus (in fact no tinnitus even when looking for it). I was away from the forum over the weekend, and came back to a number of messages, so for those of you who PM'd me, I will definitely answer you before I leave.

-Matt

• Like Like x 4
    2. Martin69
      Artistic

Martin69 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      (Health) Anxiety
      Matt, so glad for you you have silence.
      Please let us know how your T is when you are back.
      And enjoy your vacation.

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. jimH
      Caffeine

jimH Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      30 years+
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Matt,..I'm really sorry to learn that your cousin's illness is terminal. That said, that's such a great thing that you're doing in order to please him! You'll have a good time and you'll return home with some great memories and pictures to remember this very special time that you enjoyed with him.