Going through a MAJOR Spike

Discussion in 'Support' started by Glenn, May 5, 2014.

1. Glenn
      Balanced

Glenn Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/06/2014
      Wow..
      I really thought i had habituated but I caught the flu a couple weeks ago and WOW, is my T bad! Bad as in more loud and annoying as ever before. :( Even though I feel i've been over the flu for about 5 days now, the loudness of my T has not changed and still overly loud.
      Anyone else experience louder T after being sick? Does it get better? I really hope this is just temporary. My old T I really was begining to learn to live with. This new T, well.. its going to be tough. :(

2. lapidus

lapidus Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Do your ears feel full och stuffed? Like a lid over them? That has happened to me when I've been sick. That makes the T sound really louder. Once that fullnes didnt end altough I wasnt sick anymore so I went around for like one month with super loud T. But the thing is that my T never was louder, it was just my hearing that was worse because of the fullnes. Turned out I had some bacteria, and when that got treated my ears went back to normal, and so did the T.

3. cullenbohannon
      Thinking

cullenbohannon Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      Glen it takes some time for the mucous and congestion to clear up after the flu. I would just give it a few more days.

4. James
      No Mood

James Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Pulsing 03/2013
      I'm right with you Glen. I think my T has increased too. I hope its just a spike. I emailed my doctor to ask for anything?just out of panic. I was kind of feeling a bit down myself. Anyway thanks for bringing up the topic.

5. I who love music
      Cheerful

I who love music Member

Tinnitus Since:
      mid seventies
      I was sick and the T was worse, Benadryl helped quite a bit. Also when my T volume goes up, I put cotton in my ears. I believe that my ears need protection during the bad times.

6. Grace
      No Mood

Grace Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/14/2013
      This probably a stupid question, but does cotton provide any protection to the ear and if so how much?

• Like Like x 1
    7. I who love music
      Cheerful

I who love music Member

Tinnitus Since:
      mid seventies
      It stops my H immediately and cuts the outside volume down by about 1/3.

8. yonkapin

yonkapin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2012
      ^ This x 100. I just had a cold, lasted maybe a week a bit, but my ears were spiking like crazy for at least a week after it cleared. This is very common and happens every time I'm stick, so stay strong buddy - you'll be all good :D

• Like Like x 2
    9. DanielJP
      Curious

DanielJP Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      Cullenbohannon and yonkapin, just wanted to say I like your positivity. Refreshing. Thanks. (y)

And hang in there Glenn!

• Like Like x 1