Goodbye Social Life

Discussion in 'Support' started by geg1992, Mar 28, 2015.

1. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Well, great, now everyone who's posted in this thread is probably on a watchlist.

I appreciate the gallows humor and fatalism of it all, but I don't think gun jokes are appropriate on here, or wise in today's climate.

• Funny Funny x 1
    2. Methos1979
      Musical

Methos1979 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/1975
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Military
      You are probably correct. I'm a gun guy (as in I'm a certified firearms instructor) and while I enjoy a good gun joke as much if not more than the next guy, some of the comments here are not really that funny. Making allusions to hurting yourself - or worse, other innocents - raises all kinds of flags in today's day and age and it should. So please refrain from that behavior.

To the OP and others that feel that their lives - social or otherwise - are over, please take heed: It's not. It's just tinnitus. I'm not trying to negate anyone's feelings but in the grand scheme of things, tinnitus is not a death sentence. And it's only life-changing, life-altering, life-ending IF YOU LET IT. Don't let it. Don't let it win. Sure, it's annoying. There will be new challenges to overcome and changes/precautions to take but it's just not that big of a deal.

It's all about perspective. I look at it like this: Somewhere right now, in some God-forsaken $%^&-hole of place, a family is being dragged out of their homes in the middle of the night and being beaten, tortured and executed in front of each other. That sucks. That's pretty much my definition of a really bad situation. If you think your tinnitus compares to that, then you've lived way-too comfortable and easy a life!

It WILL get better. You CAN live with tinnitus. Take it from a guy that's had it for 28 years. And mine is LOUD. Yet I've managed to live a very happy, fun-filled life so far. Tinnitus sucks and it can kiss my a$$. But I'm not letting it ruin my fun - NO WAY!

YMMV.

• Like Like x 1
    3. NiNyu

NiNyu Member

Tinnitus Since:
      29/12/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      barotrauma? stress?
      In what way does the misery of others affect my or your T ?
      Also, if you really believe 'it's just T' and 'not that big of a deal' I do wonder if you have debilitating T or not.

@linearb , being on a watchlist is a privilege. Just saying..

• Like Like x 1
    4. newarrior

newarrior Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concerts
      Even with ER 25's and 37's I am screwed..19 years in and my hearing is in real decline

• Hug Hug x 1