Got the Guts to Talk

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by zanner15, Jul 8, 2017.

1. zanner15

zanner15 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Eustation Tube Dysfunction?
      Finally reaching out for some help. Always had ear issues since I was a baby. Had a nice 8 year hiatus from 8-16. But this January I ruptured my left eardrum and that started my downfall. 5 left ruptures and 2 right later I have terrible T on my left. It is wooshing all day and night. Anyone have similar story? Trying to piece together what is causing this. Has my ENT stumped with the frequency and aggression of the infections. Will get ear pain at 9 am and have a burst eardrum at 7pm. -zanner

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      Have you thought about getting ear tubes? (tympanostomy tubes)
      My daughter had repeated infections - she'd be without an ear infection for a week max before the next one. She had a burst ear drum too in one case.
      We finally decided to get her some ear tubes a couple of months ago, and since then, no sign of infection.

3. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      Sorry that you are going through, such an ordeal...

• Hug Hug x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      zanner15

zanner15 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Eustation Tube Dysfunction?
      @GregCA thanks for the reply, I've been through 3 sets of tubes through all of this. I've managed to clog a tube so much that the drum can burst with it in:(. Happy to hear about your daughter!

5. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      Wow - sorry about your troubles! 3 sets of tubes is quite something!
      Are there any bigger sizes for tubes that would potentially not clog? Sounds crazy but you seem to be unique in that regard.
      Of course, it would be nice to figure out why you get infected so quickly there. Have you checked your adenoids? Sometimes adenoids prevent proper drainage and that creates conditions in the middle ear that promote infections.

6. Jake007

Jake007 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      hearing loss for long time, chainsaw, infections
      Yeah I do, I've had repeated infections in my left ear from childhood to now. Almost every time it was from a retracted eardrum. @GregCA my son also had tubes.