Got Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Andrew Gallegos, Jan 15, 2017.

1. Andrew Gallegos

Andrew Gallegos Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/9/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Naproxen
      I am 18 I have taken Naproxen and I do believe that was the cause of my tinnitus. I've had it for a week now and it seems like it can be very low or very high being distracting makes my head hurt but I'm finding out for myself I rub Vicks Hot n Cold on my neck and back n my chest before I go to sleep. And I wake up w my Tinnitus At a Low Volume but during the day it can be high or low I use earphones a lot and I'm asking will I have to stop listening to music on earphones I don't put it very loud about half way. ?

2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to the forum. It is your call to use the earphones or not. It is a balance of keeping your ears stable and getting some fun in life. Best is not to overuse for a long time even at low volume and let you ears rest to prevent T from getting worse. Try to set the volume lower than the T level so your brain can also get used to the T ringing. Best of luck. God bless.

3. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      @Andrew Gallegos Since you are asking advice about using headphones, if I were you I wouldn't use them even at low volume, especially if the tinnitus was caused by them. As you use headphones often I believe this is was the cause of your tinnitus and not the Naproxen. I know you don't want to hear this but that's what I think. Some people do use headphones and their tinnitus doesn't become worse but I would rather not take the risk. The choice is yours.
      Michael

4. Elliott.S
      Doubtful

Elliott.S Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music practice - Attending loud concerts
      I think using earphones is really not a good thing for you to do right now :)
      It's not good for anybody's hearing anyway, but if you have T's, you're taking risks.

If you have no other choice, use head-phones (no ear-phones), but adjust the sound level a bit lower than your T's so it doesn't mask it.