Greatly Improved Story/Goodbye Message

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by cullenbohannon, Jun 4, 2014.

1. cullenbohannon
      Thinking

cullenbohannon Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      Hope everyone is doing well. I think im getting to the point where im ready to take a break from TT for a while. This site and the people here played an important role in a scary part of my life. I may never meet most of you but ill always remember all of you. Im not 100% the person I was yet, but im so much better then when i first started. For that reason i wont count me as a success story just yet, but most definitely a greatly improved story. I wont name everyone who has helped me individually but obviously all the mods, the doctors that take time to help us, all the people who post new research, and those stick around and encourage others will their own success stories. So thanks to all of you.

To newbies who come and are struggling, please take advantage of the resources made available to you on TT and the TN when its made available. Ask questions, advice, tips, whatever it is you feel you may need to get better. Read all the stories about the people who have gotten better. Also the one thing i tell all people who first get T is to read letter to a tinnitus sufferer.

So I think people reading this if they are curious about what I hear, I have a high pitched ringing in both ears and what sounds like an electric current in my head. Although I did participate in am101 trials and my treated ear seems to have lowered in volume a bit. I have a morse code sound at times which almost takes the form of the sounds I hear, and have TTS which causes thumping sensations and pain. And i have habituated for the most part.

My T use to feel like nail on a chalk board, if i was ever in complete silence it felt like my ears were being assaulted, it was painful. Fast-forward to today and im typing this in complete silence, except for the birds in my back yard and the pleasant sounds in my head of course. But i am getting to the point where i don't hear it for hours or im just not aware of the sounds.

Over the next week or so i will greatly reduce my time spent of TT. The time i spent worrying and thinking about T has really put me behind on a lot of things so, i suppose its time to get back to my old life as i have a lot of ground to make up. I will still check in from time to time to see how people are doing and give advice if i feel i can help. Anyways I wanted to write this now and not disappear without saying good bye, for now anyway. People can still always PM me , that way i get the alerts in my email and write back as soon as i can.

• Like Like x 15
      • Winner Winner x 10
      • Hug Hug x 5
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    2. Denny

Denny Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Jan 2013
      • Like Like x 1
    3. Leah

Leah Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      You will be missed, all the best.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    4. Mr. Cartman
      Artistic

Mr. Cartman Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Cullen, I have read your posts and I think I can say on behalf of everyone, and especially myself that we will miss you and your helping spirit. Its great to hear that you are doing better! It's people like you that truly makes this journey of life worth travelling. I hope we will see you around from time to time.

God bless and good speed :)

• Like Like x 2
    5. Rog

Rog Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2014
      @cullenbohannon
      God bless you Cullen . You're in my prayers so is everyone on this board .

• Like Like x 2
      • Hug Hug x 1
    6. All the best Cullen. .you've been a great support here at TT :)

• Like Like x 1
    7. Hudson
      Cowboy

Hudson Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      @cullenbohannon

Thank you for your kind message, and even better yet, thank you for helping yourself to get "better", or at least as good as we tinnitus folks can get. :) Life truly does not end! Did you take part in the AM-101 trials? If so, what has been your experience with it so far?

All the best,

Hudson

• Like Like x 2
    8. LadyDi
      Busy

LadyDi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barotrauma/airplane
      Best wishes, @cullenbohannon. You gave much support and comfort to others in your time here. Many are better today because of you.
      But I must ask before you go: Where is your avatar from? Always wanted to know.

Godspeed.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    9. Grace
      No Mood

Grace Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/14/2013
      Good luck cullen!!! I remember me and you were both talking about getting the am101 done at the same location, except you went on with it and i chickend out ;p i wish you endless success in everything you do and ofcorse that your T only gets better and better! Your definally on the right path! Thanks for all your help and posts, and positivity :)

• Like Like x 1
    10. alifalijohn

alifalijohn Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/14
      Good luck! keep intouch sometimes!

• Like Like x 1
    11. Kathi
      Balanced

Kathi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/30/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      HFHL and stress
      Good luck @cullenbohannon ! You have been a great help to me and have given me strength. I thank you for all you did for me and I wish you a quieter future. I'm starting to habituate and may soon have to take a break too.

• Like Like x 2
    12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      cullenbohannon
      Thinking

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      First off Hudson you were a huge reason why i entered the trial in the first place to thank you. You analyzed a lot of stuff for us and when i was making emotional decisions you helped me to take a step back and make decisions based on facts and statistics. Before the trial I had the two high pitched ringing in both ears and the high voltage type sound. My treated ear was the louder ear,, which is why i treated that one, today it has died down in volume by a lot. It is much less than my right ear and the sound is just not as imposing. Before the trial i was at red lobster with my family, people talking and loud music the t was still the loudest thing around, today the treated ear is so much better. I cant say for sure yet but once i get the results or partake in the follow up trial i will be sure let everyone know if i got the placebo or not. The head noise seems unchanged along with my other ear, but i rarely pay attention to it anymore. @Hudson I wanted to edit this answer , the other one was written on my phone, and i think am101 is something we should all look at with some cautious optimism. You all deserved a better answer then the other one i left so any questions about it let me know id be happy to answer.

13. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      cullenbohannon
      Thinking

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      The avatar is from the show hell on wheels and the characters name is cullen bohannon haha.

• Funny Funny x 1
    14. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Thanks for revealing where your avatar came from! I always wondered, too.

Very best wishes to you for the future. You've helped a lot of folks here ---newbies and not-so-newbies alike. You're such an articulate writer; you've voiced what a lot of us are thinking but don't always express.

Thanks, and very best wishes for the rest of your life!!!

• Like Like x 2
    15. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

DebInAustralia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      ditto to everything that's been written above...

thankyou ... hearing you moving forward has really made me smile :)

thankyou for your recent support to me on the boards too!

Good luck ! X

• Like Like x 2
    16. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      cullenbohannon
      Thinking

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      Thanks for the kind words everyone, I wish you all everything you want out of life and one by one well all get there.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    17. Martin69
      Artistic

Martin69 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      (Health) Anxiety
      All the best for you.
      We will miss you.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    18. derpytia
      Pooptoast

derpytia Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014 (many increases since then)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Progressive hearing loss / noise / ETD
      Good luck @cullenbohannon ! You were one of the nicest and most informative and supportive people I had met on here when I got T a month ago and I'm eternally grateful for it. Best wishes for you in the future and I'll definitely miss you!

• Like Like x 2
    19. Littlebailey

Littlebailey Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2014
      Agreed. Great poster and person. Thanks CB for all your many helpful and sincere posts.

• Like Like x 1
    20. citigirl13
      Happy

citigirl13 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      17/1/14
      You will be missed @cullenbohannon. You have been wonderfully supportive to everyone on this forum and a great help to me personally. Take care.

• Like Like x 2
    21. Tom Soria

Tom Soria Member

Tinnitus Since:
      To the original poster Is the actual volume of your T lower now? And do you attribute the am-101 gel to the reduction in volume?

22. jazz
      No Mood

jazz Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      8/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      eardrum rupture from virus; barotrauma from ETD
      @cullenbohannon

So happy for you!! :D And, yes, please keep you touch! I've always enjoyed reading your thoughtful posts.:)

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    23. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Thank you for being here to help out many desperate newer sufferers. Love your informative posts and compassionate spirit. We will all miss you greatly and hope you will come back to help out whenever you can. I wish nothing but the best for you, Cullen. God bless your future endeavours.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    24. Jeff M.
      Breezy

Jeff M. Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct. 2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Idiopathic
      @cullenbohannon , Dude you will be missed! Your wisdom and humor have been so helpful to me and many others!!(y) I pray your time away from TT is peaceful and fulfilling!! We'll miss you man, but know we are here should you need a quick TT fix!! :)

Best to you friend!!

Jeff
      :rockingbanana:

• Like Like x 1
    25. alifalijohn

alifalijohn Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/14
      Stay intouch , now and again..will miss you!

• Like Like x 1
    26. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      cullenbohannon
      Thinking

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      @billie48 and @Jeff M you guys are huge reasons why im doing much better, through all your posts, the positivity that emanated through your posts touched me and encouraged be to push through my tough days. Because of it i came out much stronger. @jazz thanks so much i definitely will its a hard decisions because i want to stay and help but i think i can make even more improvement in my habituation after a break... this is just a goodbye for now ;)

• Like Like x 1
    27. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      cullenbohannon
      Thinking

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      I think my T is lower in my treated ear, but i cant say for sure if its form the am101 until i know if i got the placebo yet. I think my experience and others is enough to have some cautious optimism about the drug for sure. It didn't do much for my head noise, hearing distortions though, but its a great first step in tinnitus treatment. Even though my other louder noises are still just as loud, for long periods its just as easy for me to be unaware of them as it is the lower sound or what i think is lower now. I will update if i learn its the real or placebo, i also may partake in the follow up but that would be more to have news to report for tt, im doing fine and i think id be fine without it.

28. alifalijohn

alifalijohn Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/14
      God Bless. thanks for staying in touch ..we need you brother!

29. Sean

Sean Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01-01-2011
      All the best to you .i haven't been coming to Tt as much but your couple of post was encouraging .
      Wish you good luck !

• Like Like x 1
    30. gary
      Transparent

gary Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who Knows
      Cull, I wish you the very best. You will be missed here...

• Like Like x 1