Greetings from a New Member

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Sleaford Mod, May 5, 2015.

1. Sleaford Mod

Sleaford Mod Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2005
      Just thought that I'd better briefly introduce myself. I've had loud tinnitus for about ten years and was borderline suicidal for the first four. These days I am much better and only find tinnitus occasionally annoying and distracting (which it is right now as it happens). Even when it is spiking, I can sometimes be oblivious to the racket for hours at a time. So I am here more to support new sufferers than for any other reason.

• Like Like x 3
      • Winner Winner x 2
    2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to TT support board. You are definitely a T veteran who has gone the distance with T. We love to have you join here to help out the struggling newer sufferers. Love to have you share your insights how to live with intrusive T for that long and become better.

• Like Like x 1
    3. Craggy 65
      Amazed

Craggy 65 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Trauma
      hi,your message is evidence that life does get better,which gives me encouragement for the future.I have had mine only 2 months,but already I'm starting to ignore it at times,which I didn't at the start.I also thought of a quick stop to this might be a way out,but I'm glad I didn't go that way.My sleeping is getting back to how it used to be,and I'm beginning to do the things I used to enjoy,thank you for your post,regards Malcolm

• Creative Creative x 1
    4. Tamika
      No Mood

Tamika Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      One loud indoor concert
      Thank you so much for caring and for sharing your positive story. It helps us new sufferers so much. Suicidal thoughts have been frequently on my mind. I'm now on medication and am reading all the good stories I can find like yours to survive and get through these early days.
      Thank you!

5. gary
      Transparent

gary Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who Knows
      Sleaford, thanks for joining, always great to hear from someone who has a grip on T, I am getting there, I can go a full hour if I am really focused on something, such as a TV program or in conversation. Never thought I would get that way, now reading your post shows me there are going to be longer periods it does not bother me....

• Agree Agree x 1
    6. James
      No Mood

James Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Pulsing 03/2013
      @ Sleaford Mod
      Thanks for joining up and your willingness to help others.

• Like Like x 1
    7. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Danny Boy Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Glad to have you here buddy! We're here to help you as much as you're here to help us! Welcome to a great community!

• Agree Agree x 1