Greetings-New Member

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Troy1733, Dec 31, 2015.

1. Troy1733

Troy1733 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2yrs
      Name's Troy; have been suffering with tinnitus for about two years following a TBI suffered in a car accident. Mine is a high pitched tone, heard primarily on the left side. After numerous tests it has been attributed to nerve damage from the crash, and not hearing loss. Last week I received Starkey programmable hearing aids. Right now I have to wear them for two week to get acclimated as they collect data about my use. When I return to see the Audiologist she will finalize the "hearing aid" programing and we will begin to work on the Tinnitus program which will include masking sounds and cognitive therapy. Well, just wanted to say "hi" and give a brief intro. Hope everyone has a safe and happy New Year!

• Like Like x 1
    2. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Welcome to Tinnitus Talk, Troy! We're glad you've joined us, and I hope that the Starkey hearing aids will work for you.

Please do update us on how the hearing aids are working for you to mask your tinnitus, as time goes on.

Very best wishes for a happy and prosperous 2016!

Karen

3. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome and have a Happy New Year to you too, Troy. I have a high pitch T too, in fact a dog whistle. Hope yours will diminish in the new year. Enjoy the festivities.