Had 6 Days of Relief, Then Ugh...

Discussion in 'Support' started by Gin, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Gin
      Alienated

Gin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      July 2015
      Well, I actually got 6 days of silence and no ringing, which is the longest streak I've had since July. In the last couple of months it has been cycling. 3 good days then 2 to 3 bad. Everytime the bad days come I try not to panic and know that the good days will follow. Of course, I have that lingering thought, what if it lasts longer then 2 or 3 days. Not sure I could take that. Not fully diagnosis yet. My first ENT appt is in Jan (the 4th). But my bad days are bad. Severe H, coupled with loud T, and dizziness. My gp prescribed Meclazine for the dizziness, which helps, however, hard to work when I take it. Makes me sleepy. I have to admit on bad days like this, sleep is hard to come by at night. Two small glasses of white wine did it last night. I hate to rely on that though. Its amazing on the good days, I forget how bad the bad days are. Guess I'm just looking for some selfish encouragement today. :(

• Hug Hug x 2
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    2. nomoredreaming

nomoredreaming Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      tmj
      How did you get T gin

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Gin
      Alienated

Gin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      July 2015
      Not sure. I went to a concert back in July. Two days after the concert it started. However, when I had my hearing test done, they said it was not noise induced. I don't believe I have been correctly diagnosis yet. Haven't been able to get into an ENT. I go in Jan. That's when my insurance kicks in. Has been Horrible since July. Before July no issues. Maybe an ear infection in the winter here and there. I can actually learn to deal with the T. But this every three days Horrible T and Severe H is kiling me.

4. Nucleo

Nucleo Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2011
      It has to be the concert. A normal audiological test provides little to no information when it comes to T

5. Ecip

Ecip Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Still unknown... possibly noise exposure?
      I always find it odd that T can start a couple/few days after the exposure. When mine started up real loud I was sitting on the couch watching TV. Before that I had 3 days off work... and therefore wasn't exposed to any loud noise.

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Gin
      Alienated

Gin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      July 2015
      Hmmm weird. Yea, today I feel great. No plugged ears, no T, no H. Nothing. 100 times different than yesterday. Not as dizzy as yesterday either. It's gotten to the point now where it just gets bad 1 day a week or so. And its bad when its bad. But hey I'll take 1 day to 2 days a week if I get 4 to 5 days of silence and relief.

7. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Great to hear your a lot better today @Gin and had a good day.
      Lots of love glynis

• Hug Hug x 1
    8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Gin
      Alienated

Gin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      July 2015
      Well, the humming noise is back today. But no plugged ears or H. I could actually deal with the slight hum. Litte annoying but still 80% better than Tuesday. ;)

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    9. Sailboardman
      Frustrated

Sailboardman Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/21/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sensorineural hearing loss right ear.
      Maybe you'll be lucky and your T will fade into oblivion and you'll never hear from it again. I sure hope so.

The dizziness issues, should be looked into a bit further. Your ENT may order an MRI. If you do it, get good earplugs, because they are extremely noisy!

10. Natalie Roberts
      Haunting

Natalie Roberts Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Pregnancy or mild hearing loss.. Who knows.
      Mine cycles like yours. 2-3 good days followed by 1-2 bad days and 2-3 good days .. If it wasn't for the good days I don't know what I would do. Today has been so loud and annoying I can feel my frustration and anxiety flairing and it's driving me crazy! Just a loud hissing static sound that is driving me nuts vrs yesterday which was amazingly quiet..

11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Gin
      Alienated

Gin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      July 2015
      Sorry to hear that. Mine is back to quiet today. Yesterday it was humming pretty loud. I think yesterday was my bad day. Dizzy loud humming, but guess what no plugged ears and no hypercausis this week. I did realize the humming stops when I bend over. Also if it is silent and I bend over sometimes its starts. I wondering if this might have something to do with a pinched nerve in my neck? I dont go to the ENT for couple more weeks. But my cycles are going about 4 to 5 good days now maybe 1 or 2 bad. So a little encouraging.

12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Gin
      Alienated

Gin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      July 2015

I did get an MRI. Came back clear. Hearing test, have hearing loss. Going to my first ENT appointment on the 4th of Jan. ;)

13. Sailboardman
      Frustrated

Sailboardman Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/21/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sensorineural hearing loss right ear.
      Maybe seek out a Neurologist and see if there is a nerve issue creating your problem? How's your blood pressure?