Had a Chiropractic Adjustment Last Friday and Now Have Constant Ringing in My Ears

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Karen2018, Jun 22, 2018.

1. Karen2018

Karen2018 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Chiropractic Adjustment
      Hello,
      I’m so thankful for this group I happen to come across trying to find out what is going on with me.

Last Friday I decided to go to a chiropractor because I was having some sciatica. He did some xrays and told me he wanted to do an adjustment and then see me 3Xweek for 4 weeks. (Yeah I won’t be going back) I told him I didn’t like all the cracking/popping so he told me he uses an arthrostim which is a low impact device. He did one section of my neck and then worked down my back. It didn’t hurt, just like a vibration type feeling. Anyway after he was done and I left the office, I immediately had ringing in my ears. Over the past week I have been sore in my neck and head and the ringing continues. Tuesday I ended up having a ct just to make sure they didn’t injure me or my artery in my neck and that came back normal.

I am sooooo mad at myself for ever going there! My life was pretty normal before all this. I pray that this at least quiets down over time. I don’t know what to do or if I should go see any other type of dr, get more tests? I’m probably going to be spending countless hours on this site looking for information. Thank you for any suggestions you may have for me. This is so terrifying. I have heard people talk about how they have tinnitus but until you have it, you just don’t understand. Now I understand

• Like Like x 1
    2. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      Welcome, and sorry you've been hit with T.
      Was the device noisy when it was used on you?

You could go for a hearing test to see if there is any obvious damage to your hearing.

• Like Like x 2
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Karen2018

Karen2018 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Chiropractic Adjustment
      Hello, thank you. No it wasn’t loud. I was thinking of going to an ENT and see what they say and do a hearing test. Hopefully they can tell me something

4. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      Seems like a reasonable next step for you. Keep us posted!

• Like Like x 1
    5. Contrast
      No Mood

Contrast Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      • Like Like x 1
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Karen2018

Karen2018 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Chiropractic Adjustment
      Thanks for that info! I was also thinking of reaching out to a physical therapist if my neck stiffness continues. I will definitely never let another chiropractor touch me again.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Helpful Helpful x 1