Had a Massive Fight (Yelling) with a Friend — Now I'm Stuck with a Spike

Discussion in 'Support' started by kitanakahn, Jul 27, 2019.

1. kitanakahn

kitanakahn Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi all,

I'm hoping someone can help me here.

I'm a 17-year-old girl, been suffering from tinnitus since I was 14. I get spikes every now and then, but it's never lasted this long.

On Thursday, I had a massive fight with my now ex friend. We were both yelling and went on for about 15-20 minutes. As soon as I got home, I noticed my tinnitus was louder. Now, it's Saturday and my tinnitus is still the same. I've never had a spike last longer than a day.

I'm very very stressed about this. I have anxiety that's also associated with autism so I'm absolutely terrified.

Is it possible to get a spike from yelling? Will it go? Have you ever had a spike last this long?

Thank you. Any help or even just reassurance is appreciated.

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. Mister Muso
      No Mood

Mister Muso Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2011 / April 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      Hi

I've had spikes lasting a few days or a few weeks. I would think it will settle down sometime.

My other half says I yell less, since I got T.

3. GSC
      Wishful

GSC Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma.
      Hello! To help with spikes and calm your nerves, NAC and chelated magnesium are the recommended thing around here. Along with nicotinamide riboside -- also paired with a good night's rest. Time and resting your ears is your best friend when dealing with tinnitus and a fresh spike. When your tinnitus spikes, take it easy for awhile, so you don't hyper-focus on it and feed into the stress.

• Like Like x 1