Has Anyone Ever Experienced Tinnitus Relief After Nasal Surgery?

Discussion in 'Support' started by just_carl, Jan 17, 2024.

1. just_carl

just_carl Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Infection
      Hey folks. Almost two months ago I got a pretty severe flu. About two weeks in, I started to get loud hissing tinnitus in both ears. I am a 39-year-old male.

I saw an ENT recently and was diagnosed with the following:
      • Turbinate hypertrophy
      • Chronic sinusitis
      • Eustachian tube dysfunction
      • Deviated septum
      My ears feel full, constantly in pain, and either pop over and over or I can't get them to pop at all. I have had issues with my Eustachian tubes for over a decade, as I get extreme barotrauma from flying. I also "hear my own voice" and have had clicking in my ear as far as I can remember. A test confirmed I have negative ear pressure which is what is causing me my pain.

I've tried the usual remedies (nasal sprays, steroids etc.) to no avail. The worst of all is the tinnitus since the tone is variable, high pitched, and constant.

My ENT wants to repair my septum, do a Eustachian balloon dilation, and possibly fix my turbinate issues. With all of these issues, I'm wondering if anyone else has gone through sinus surgeries and had tinnitus relief. I'm pretty confident my current tinnitus issue is due to the constant pressure with my Eustachian tubes. Any information would be appreciated!