Has Anyone Got Tinnitus from Carbon Monoxide Poisoning?

Discussion in 'Support' started by bob bauer, Sep 2, 2017.

1. bob bauer

bob bauer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      hearing loss- medication
      Has anyone got tinnitus from carbon monoxide exposure? Can it go away?

2. Kolisar
      No Mood

Kolisar Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      birth?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      bob bauer

bob bauer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      hearing loss- medication
      Is there any hope my T will get better even if it was worsened by carbon monoxide? I did not have any poisoning symptoms and was checked the next day at hospital with blood test which was okay, but I waited over 24 hours to get blood test.

4. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Based on my reading of the descriptions of people's experiences posted here, most T spikes eventually get better. Temporary spikes often last longer than a week:
      https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/poll-how-long-do-your-tinnitus-spikes-usually-last.23110/
      https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/poll-how-long-was-your-longest-spike.22099/

5. Updownjohnny

Updownjohnny Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Carbon monoxide poisoning
      Yes. I have tinnitus from carbon monoxide poisoning at work. It is absolutely debilitating. It has also caused a myriad of other problems. Onetime acute exposure of about 10 hours has changed my life forever. I have been at the same job for 30 years and everything changed in one day. I am now a different person due to pure on the job negligence! Contact me if you would like to talk!!

6. Mircea Bastovoi

Mircea Bastovoi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Carbon monoxide poisoning
      Yes, I had a severe Carbon monoxide poisoning two years ago. I have lost my consciousness and just by luck some friends were looking for me a took me out of the house. I was unconscious for 15 hours. Since then I have a never ending tinnitus.

7. Jreese

Jreese Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
      I am so sorry this happened to you!

I had a 14 hour exposure in October 2017. I now have constant tinnitus along with a few other debilitating symptoms. Do you or anyone else out there with CO exposure have any other lingering problems? I am really feeling alone and my medical team doesn’t seem to get the complexity of my condition. I’m not even sure I do. Any info is much appreciated.

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      bob bauer

bob bauer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      hearing loss- medication
      Did you get it at work, or from being in a car in an enclosed garage?