Has Anyone Here Tried Reishi Mushroom Powder?

Discussion in 'Health Talk' started by John_415, Feb 3, 2018.

1. John_415

John_415 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      20-12-2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      I use this herb a lot for my insomnia and it works fairly well.

It increases the length and depth of sleep. For me it also causes very vivid lucid dreaming. It's like I'm dreaming 3x as much if I take this before bed then without. The nights also feel 2x as long while I'm asleep because of all the dreaming.
      In a study it also increased the lifespan of mice by up to 20%, it also does loads of other things but that's another topic.
      Source 1, search for the word 'sleep':
      http://www.supernutritionlife.com/reishi-mushroom-benefits-and-experiences/
      Source 2, with general information:
      http://www.reishi.com/faq.htm

Of course do watch out if you use medications and read up on this if you where to use this.
      Just wondering if anyone here uses this?

Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
      • Informative Informative x 1
      • Creative Creative x 1
    2. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Hi, @John_415

Yes, I used reishi mushrooms for about 2 years when my tinnitus first worsened, and I was nervous and having trouble sleeping. The reishi mushrooms were very helpful in calming me down, and helping me with my insomnia. It is a very good alternative to anti-anxiety drugs, if you want to go the natural route. I would recommend it for those struggling with insomnia and anxiety.

• Informative Informative x 1
    3. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Did you take it in a pill or powder form?

4. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      I took it in pill form. It was several years ago, so I don't remember the dosage. I just remember that it helped me get through a rough period with my tinnitus.

• Like Like x 1
    5. AZeurotuner

AZeurotuner Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Yes, I've been using a combination of reishi and turkey tail mushroom extract for the past few years. I use the powered form, five grams of each every day mixed together in a glass of water. You must make sure that the product you purchase is a fruiting body extract and not a mycelium extract, the mycelium grows underground and is pretty much the root system of the mushroom, it lacks the medicinal properties of the fruiting bodies. They do NOTHING for tinnitus, I starting taking them for my immune system, haven't gotten sick in two years, and I have been around the plenty of sick people in those two years. Take them for you overall health, these bad boys fight viruses, infections, and cancer... I'd highly recommend it.

6. carlover
      English

carlover Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Hi can I say respectfully if your having a go with mushrooms for T your taking the wrong one ,,,,,its Lions Mane and make sure its not rubbish and a good quality mushroom extract like mycoherb with mushrooms cheap gets you nowhere ..good luck

• Agree Agree x 1
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      John_415

Tinnitus Since:
      20-12-2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Anyone have experience with the more expensive kinds of reishi powder like wood grown, wild grown or even the astronomically expensive broken reishi spore oil?

I have used reishi for about 2 years now. My goal with reishi is to improve my sleep. I started out with the most cheap brands I could find and worked my way up.
      From cheap to more expensive the ones I tried where:
      - 10 Euro per 100 gram powder which is only hot water extracted (results: I slept somewhat better).
      - 15 Euro per 100 gram powder from Mattison which is hot water and alcohol extracted (results: a lot better and worth it)
      - 35 Euro for 30ml reishi extract from the Mushroomist www.superfood.nl (potent but 50% of the bottle is flavoring)

The ones I have not tryed are:
      - 37 Euro for 60ml Dragon Herbs wild reishi from nl.iherb.com.
      - 114,60 Euro for 15 grams of Dragon Herbs reishi spore oil as found on this site: nl.iherb.com
      I have read the spore oil is 70x more potent then regular reishi extract and only made from the fruiting body's. But its very very expensive. Source: https://nootriment.com/reishi-spore-oil/

At the moment I use the Mattison powder reishi which works well for me and is not that expensive.

@Karen
      Nice to see im not the only one using reishi.

@AZeurotuner
      I did see lots of really cheap reishi online, the better ones always have stated that they use the fruiting body. On the cheapest products they dont even state that indeed. I don't trust those cheap ones even thow you get 2x as much.

@carlover
      After searching for Lion's mane online I did find info on it improving sleep and some on it improving T.
      Il try this one out as well to see what it does.

• Hug Hug x 1
    8. AZeurotuner

AZeurotuner Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I agree... You get what you pay for, I don't typically cheap out on things, especially food and supplements. Have you considered adding turkey tail? Research has shown that turkey tail and reshei have a synergistic effect when taken together. There's even a study where a group of people with HPV took both extracts, after only two months 80 percent of them no longer tested positive for the virus. The medicinal properties of these mushrooms are on another level, more powerful than shitake extract and much more cost effective as well.

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      John_415

Tinnitus Since:
      20-12-2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      I have never tried turkey tail, do you have the link to some studys that show it has a synergistic effect? If I can find some good studies I might try and combine them.

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      John_415

Tinnitus Since:
      20-12-2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced