Has This Happened to Anyone Else? Pitch or Loudness Changing Rapidly and Unexpectedly?

Discussion in 'Support' started by meredsm, Oct 21, 2017.

1. meredsm

meredsm Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I just posted in the intro subforum, but to summarize:

I've attended three rock concerts this year and had ringing after all three, but only after the third one did I have ringing for more than a few days. It seemed to go away, but this past Wednesday I think I made it come back in a worse way.

My tinnitus is a ringing that rapidly changes in pitch and/or loudness. But there isn't a regular rhythm to the pitch changes - it can happen several times a second or once every few seconds. Because of this, it's really hard to tune out.

Last night, I fell asleep on the couch before going to bed. When I woke up, I noticed that for maybe 5-10 minutes the ringing was constant with no pitch changes. I noticed the same thing later in the night after waking up in bed.

Has anyone else had this kind of tinnitus - where the pitch or loudness changes rapidly and unexpectedly? Has anyone else noticed the pitch became more steady after waking up in the night?

2. Kolisar
      No Mood

Kolisar Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      birth?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Hi @meredsm ,

If you search this forum you will find a number of people who have had type of symptom. I, personally, had that happen for a couple days a couple weeks ago. I likened it to morse-code. Fortunately, it stopped and has not returned since that incident (my "normal" tinnitus symptoms still exist, just that anomaly has ceased).

I just did a quick search on this forum for jus the word "morse" and that resulted in ten pages of results. Hopefully you will find both some help there and possibly someone who is will ing to help you if you need it.

3. jer

jer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      @meredsm i just want to tell you to be VERY CAREFUL from now on with your hearing. You seem to have still been lucky that your tinnitus went away after every time you got it. Every time you get ringing it means that your hearing is more damaged and more haircells are lost. There is a moment where your brain won’t be able to compensate for all the lost hair cells anymore and you are rapidly approaching that moment. That you get it now more and more and crazier sounds means your brain is struggling to cope with the sound input.

You NEED to stop with the concerts and heavy sound input before you destroy the last hair cells that are holding your hearing together.

• Agree Agree x 2