Have You Ever Used a Light Therapy Lamp for Depression?

Discussion in 'Support' started by JasonP, May 29, 2018.

1. JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      I'm curious to know people's experiences with light boxes. I know light can have a huge impact my mood as a sunny day can help my mood but constant rainy days can often have a negative effect on me.

Also, blue light at night time can be very stimulating and make me feel irritable.

I have heard that you should use the light box right after waking but I also heard about using it in the early afternoon too. I know you aren't supposed to use them at night.

Anyone care to share their experiences? :)

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      I have a lovely big Himalayan Salt lamp ,have a read up about them.
      Love glynis x

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      How is your experience with it? Does it help your mood? I'm hesitant to get one of those because I had an air ionizer a long time ago and the few times I used it I got a headache. :(

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      I need to more clear when I said light therapy lamp. What I meant is a 10,000 lux lamp :)

5. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      @JasonP,
      Mind who council people with anxiety and depression have them in all their council rooms and waiting area...love glynis x

6. Rainbowsheep
      Cheerful

Rainbowsheep Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music, I suppose
      I have one that I use in the winter because I suffer from seasonal depression. I come from a Scandinavian country so the winters are quite long and dark up here. I am quite sure it has helped my tiredness and my low mood in the winters, but I'm not sure if it affects my regular depressive episodes. But I guess it might prevent some depressive episodes because it prevents the seasonal depression from becoming really bad.

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      Thanks so much for letting me know! What time of the day do you use it and how long each day do you use it? Also, do you use it every day of the week?

8. Rainbowsheep
      Cheerful

Rainbowsheep Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music, I suppose
      I usually use et every day of the week, yes. Sometimes I forget it, though, hah. Usually, I use it in the afternoon when I'm already studying anyway. In that way I can kill two birds with one stone (wow that expression sounds so much more violent in English than it does in Danish, hah) :D

• Like Like x 1