Haven't Found Any Medicine That Helps

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by donnyb, Oct 7, 2017.

1. donnyb

donnyb Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      slept next to air conditioner for prolonged period -Menieres
      I've had tinnitus since 1990 and was diagnosed with and have been treated for Meniere's Disease since about 1994. It started in 1990 from sleeping close to a very cold air conditioner in a dormitory. The fact that I played very loud guitar in bands for years prior to 1990 could be a contributing factor though as well as the fact that I worked around very loud machinery for most of my working years.

I have found nothing that relieves the tinnitus, but I've grown so used to it that I rarely notice it unless I'm thinking about it. I also have found only one thing that has been somewhat effective for the dizziness and vertigo, and that's Antivert; and it's not really all that effective. At least not as effective as I'd like it to be. LOL

So, I guess I'm more interested in finding remedies for the dizziness than for the tinnitus. But, if I run across something that looks like it might work and is safe enough to justify trying, I'm definitely game for trying.

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      donnyb

donnyb Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      slept next to air conditioner for prolonged period -Menieres
      I can't make heads or tails of this comment.

3. lymebite
      Vegged out

lymebite Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @donnyb

Have you considered trying the John of Ohio regimen for dizziness and vertigo (and sometimes helpful for tinnitus)? Maybe worth a shot.

Definitely falls in the safe and inexpensive category. Just a bit complicated, a lot of pills to swallow throughout the day.

http://www.zoominternet.net/~kcshop/JOH.PDF